Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An all time low for me??
Evo-king

RE: An all time low for me??

Ed this is a terrible situation not helped by those of us expressing our frustrations on here.

The worst part is that there is no direct communication from LR, so comments made on here such as, my dealers said this and someone else said/heard that, are the curse of the forums as it were when it is not good news.

Fortunately, my dealer keeps me reasonably informed.

How about paying yours a visit and point out how cheesed off you are. Maybe he/she could source a car through their dealerships.

I know when I went in trying to buy one straight out of the showroom, they couldn't pointing out they could in Jan as they were expecting a stock turn around, at the same time my sales rep went onto their computer system to see what was available to buy immediately, unfortunately, they were nearly all Prestige in the wrong colour for me, it might be worth a try before you give in, they might also pressure the factory for you, I did say might.

Stay in there if you can. Time is flying by.
(26-01-2012 10:34am)alibeau Wrote:  I have to be honest and say that whilst I was waiting for my Evoque which was delayed by 2 months, I found that visiting this forum just wound me up even more (although I continued to do so on a daily basis!). I got wound up reading about those who had already taken delivery (as pleased as I was for them) and I got wound up reading posts from those who were also experiencing delays.....

Ali.

I had a similar wobble earlier this month, especially as we were given some hope of increased production, leading to earlier deliveries, I almost wanted to ban the I've got my car early/just ordered it and getting it tomorrow type posts.

I'm over that now, I can't change someone else's system, besides I'm 4 months through a 9month order process, and I'm trying focus on other activities.

Reading stuff on here can frustrate but on the whole this is a good community, with probably more order customers than owners at present.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 10:58am by Evo-king.)
26-01-2012 10:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big G

Wow that would do my head in - but you've invested so much time and as others say there isn't that much to compare. I've had some wobbles ( see recent post) too, and actually I found the forum very supportive.

I think if you went another route you'd almost resent what you changed to whenever you saw an Evoque , I know I would. However as a first time LR customer - I have to say the customer service - with some exceptions, is pretty appalling. How about you name n shame the dealership?

Hang on in there !!Thumbs UpThumbs Up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
26-01-2012 11:42am
Craig_d1

(26-01-2012 10:17am)ED209 Wrote:  I ont think if i cancelled it would be a q5/q3 on my list, it wouls also need to be a hatch/estate/suv to accomodate a labrador.

drive the deal has a couple of q5 for immediate delivery on their website....9 to 10% off list price...

when are you expecting delivery of the evoque though? if you've waited 10 months already, another couple is prob worth it no?
26-01-2012 03:06pm
deebabe2004

Waiting for the Evoque kind of reminds me of being on hold with a call centre.... You wait and wait and wait and you hear "your call is important to us and you have progressed in the queue" so you wait some more, 30mins past and you consider hanging up, but you think I have waited this long surely I have to get through soon, so you wait some more, before you know it would have been waiting an hour and you think damn i should have just hung up half an hour ago, and just before you do finally you hear it ring and someone lovely says "thank you so much for your patience, how can I help you" and all your bad feelings go away....

Hold out, cause once you get the magical call of "Your Evoque is ready to be picked up" all the ill thoughts and stressful waiting time will go away....

Soon to be the proud owners of a Baby Rangie!

Pure - TD4 Manual - Fuji - 20" Silver Sparkle Style 6 - Ebony Leather & Ebony headliner - Tech Pack - Clearview Pack & Pano Roof - Rear Vents, Paint & Interior protection, Tint

(This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 04:36pm by deebabe2004.)
26-01-2012 04:35pm
ED209

(26-01-2012 03:06pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  drive the deal has a couple of q5 for immediate delivery on their website....9 to 10% off list price...

when are you expecting delivery of the evoque though? if you've waited 10 months already, another couple is prob worth it no?

estimated delivery went from 23rd jan 2011(this was given back in june so i knew it might be wide of the mark), then production confirmed for 9th march, delivery to dealer 26th March, then this has now moved to 10th april with collection some time after that.

10th april is 9 1/2 months after order.

I had considered the Q5 route via drive the deal but the maximum I want to spend is 30k, the recent ones on drive the deal are 32-33k. There were some cheaper ones on there a while ago but they always seem to have solid black paint which i do not want.
26-01-2012 05:01pm
J77

At the risk of offending, why don't you just cancel your order if it's making you that unhappy and frustrated as this is not the first time you have contemplated it. It's not worth getting stressed out over. And yes I ordered after you and got my car before you, not my fault, dealer had an allocation for 2 TD4s and as I was the only person who ordered one my order was submitted, my original date was 24th December but delayed until 16th January and actually came 29th December. This is something you need to take up with your dealer and don't leave until you have the answers you want.

Again I apologise if I have offended anyone.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
26-01-2012 05:12pm
ED209

(26-01-2012 05:12pm)J77 Wrote:  At the risk of offending, why don't you just cancel your order if it's making you that unhappy and frustrated as this is not the first time you have contemplated it. It's not worth getting stressed out over. And yes I ordered after you and got my car before you, not my fault, dealer had an allocation for 2 TD4s and as I was the only person who ordered one my order was submitted, my original date was 24th December but delayed until 16th January and actually came 29th December. This is something you need to take up with your dealer and don't leave until you have the answers you want.

Again I apologise if I have offended anyone.

Dont worry, im not easily offended
26-01-2012 05:15pm
Craig_d1

(26-01-2012 05:01pm)ED209 Wrote:  estimated delivery went from 23rd jan 2011(this was given back in june so i knew it might be wide of the mark), then production confirmed for 9th march, delivery to dealer 26th March, then this has now moved to 10th april with collection some time after that.

10th april is 9 1/2 months after order.

I had considered the Q5 route via drive the deal but the maximum I want to spend is 30k, the recent ones on drive the deal are 32-33k. There were some cheaper ones on there a while ago but they always seem to have solid black paint which i do not want.

Tough choice but April isn't that far away now so would try and hang in there if it's the car you really want. The Q5 is going to have it's facelift in October too, which put me off getting one of those, even though I really like them. Don't want to spend all that money only to have a newer model drive past me.
26-01-2012 05:39pm
ceebee

Ed, I have been following your posts quite closely on the delays (as you live not too far from me).

I personally think that you should hang on in there with your order. Just because the dealer has given you a delayed date, there are loads of people on this forum who have been told that their car has been delayed and then it has arrived sooner than expected (Yes, the dealers really are clueless sometimes). Also lots of people who were very vocal on this forum regarding the delays have since stated that although the wait was frustrating the car is well worth it when it arrives?

On a slightly different note, my first choice for an Evoque would probably have been a blue TD4, but the online configurator showed that the TD4's and the blue's were not going to be available until "first quarter of 2012". Therefore, I went for a Fuji white SD4 so I could have mine sooner because I knew that the wait until 2012 would seem to take forever. So if you look at it from this angle then the first week of April is not such a huge delay considering the car was due to be built some time between Jan-March?

However, it's all easy for me to say with mine on the drive, so ultimately the choice is yours, but it would be annoying for you if you cancelled your order and then it is sitting in the showroom in a few weeks time and someone walks in a buys it with no delays whatsoever.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
26-01-2012 07:27pm
invoke

Wow. That is frustrating.

Fortunately with me, I was going to the BMW showroom and accidentally took a turn a head, ended up taking a U turn from LR showroom and this car on this display cought my wife's eye. Ended up going inside and coming out with evoque. Not to mention with an extra big price and lots of attitude.

If I wear your shoe, I would drive something else.

Jerks !!

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 08:10pm by invoke.)
26-01-2012 08:05pm