Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Am I the Only one??????
THEMACS

RE: Am I the Only one??????

Yep, ours is going very well and seems to be loosening up nicely after a trip to London and back last week. It seems to be pulling much better in second and third gears.

We have the odd intermittent rattle but nothing that causes concern. Yes Fuel consumption isn't fantastic averaging 33mpg, but it does quite a bit of short journeys, have had it up to 42 on a gentle motorway run, anyway not bothered about that I always said as long as we got at least 32+ mpg that was good for usVery Happy

So all in all we are Very Happy indeed.........well apart from the Crappy GloveboxLaughingLaughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
11-07-2012 08:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

(10-07-2012 07:53pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I hope it isn't the owners that are troublesome!

Mine is fast approaching it's first birthday and apart from a noisy door seal and a rattle that comes and goes I have no defects and no dislikes to report either

You actually have a very valid point there Tim...the owners are troublesome!! It is no coincidence that prestige marques finish low on customer satisfaction surveys (generalisation) whereas the likes of Skoda win every year...it is all down to expectations. I found that once I started paying over a certain amount for a car (anything over about £35k) I suddenly expected perfection! It is true that I should expect a premium product and a premium service for that amount of money, but when there are cars available that cost 5 times what mine cost, it is entirely unreasonable to expect perfection! But I can't help it! Whereas a Skoda buyer expects it to be crap but then finds out that it's a pretty good car, so they are delighted!

Also, people that spend a lot of money on cars, are mostly fairly picky people (generalisation) and as such we tend to notice things that other less anal people wouldn't even notice, let alone complain about!

Finally, it seems that we tend to always compare with other cars which is fine at a certain level, but when individual componants are compared then the validity of the comparisson is questionable. If I buy a £500k house with 3 bedroom and 5 acres, it would probably be unreasonable of me to compare to a £500 5 bedroom house with a small garden and moan about there only being 3 bedrooms.

In terms of your door seals...I have just had mine replaced (we both had very early models) and the difference is fantastic...I couldn't understand all the fuss about the wind noise created by the mirrors before, as I couldn't hear it (because the seals were bad and as such the wind noise of that far outweighed any noise from the mirrors)...now all I hear is the wind noise from the mirrors.
(10-07-2012 09:30pm)mark_n Wrote:  Mine has been fine too, very happy with it.

This is high praise for the Evoque indeed based on the standard of cars you are used to...and let's face it Mark...you are not exactly a naturally happy chap!! Laughing

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 02:51pm by Token.)
11-07-2012 02:49pm
KaDargo

The only problem I have is with the intermittent/auto wipers - they seem to have a mind of their own (could be bug splatter on the sensor when it's not raining!)

Is 'min' suposed to be fast or slow?
Oh, and the sat nav not liking motorways no matter what options I set.
Apart from that - nothing

This the most expensive and prestigious car I have ever bought, and I had my fingers crossed that I wouldn't be disappointed with it - I absolutely love - well worth every penny!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
11-07-2012 04:36pm
cjfp

Min (ie minimum sensitivity) is 'slow'

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-07-2012 05:24pm
Michelle

I am so happy to hear all these happy trouble free evoque drivers Very Happy. I was getting quite worried while waiting for mine. I've been reading about so many rattles, faults, noises, etc.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
11-07-2012 08:06pm
PAT

Another happy customer as I'm absolutely loving my Evoque and have no complaints so it was well worth the long wait.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
11-07-2012 09:33pm
andy355

no issues with mine, though early days and i dont think i have used all the gadgets. really like it. new on here, 1st post by the way.

Dynamic si4 5 door auto. Santorini/persuit Lux pack, contrast pano roof, rear entertaiment etc. Bought 30th June
12-07-2012 08:52pm
lesdon499

Lucky me tooSmile love it!

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
12-07-2012 10:51pm
johnboy

Nope loads of extras on car and cannot find one fault, absolutely brilliant vehicle, also went on the 4 x 4 day in Scotland. Hasten to add didn't use my own car but to see what the Evoque can do off road is incredible. Brilliant piece of kit, I am only sorry to hear that some owners are not having so much enjoyment out of their carsVery Happy

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
12-07-2012 11:59pm
Onebigjobby

Thanks all, puts my mind at rest to hear that im not the only one with a reliable car! touch wood.
Onebigjobby Cool
Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
18-07-2012 05:07pm