Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
installation of almost OEM Navigation System - well in the same location
Mark^^

installation of almost OEM Navigation System - well in the same location

When I brought my Range Rover Evoque it was a pre order car and so I did not get to pick what accessories it would have. Of course that meant it did not come with Sat Nav. So this weekend I travelled down to Victoria to get a OEM Navigation System installed were it should have been, done by the great guys at Naviplus: http://www.naviplus.com.au/

While it does not add a NAV button on the outside buttons it puts the NAV button on the touch screen and fully integrates with the sound system, with music stopping when the GPS wants to talk.

I went down on Thursday for the install on Friday, took about 2 hours, and being a long weekend I then went from Melbourne down the Great Ocean Road to Port Fairy for a couple of days.

The new system worked well and I got to test the RRE around some twisty road and boy did it move and sit tightly to the road, the new Coopers CS5 tyres I had put on a few weeks ago were just fantastic.

Some photos:

BEFORE

[Image: DSC03340_zpsz9s2zmgy.jpg]

AFTER

[Image: DSC03344_zpslkncquow.jpg]

[Image: DSC03345_zps0vv1bwea.jpg]

Along the Great Ocean road and where I stayed:

[Image: DSC03349_zpsvybbpnue.jpg]

[Image: DSC03365_zpsifiadlya.jpg]

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 09:17am by Mark^^.)
07-06-2015 12:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: installation of almost OEM Navigation System - well in the same location

This actually looks SIGNIFICANTLY better than the stock navigation system! so much so that I wish I had it in my own car! (a UK version obviously)...

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-06-2015 10:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply