babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
installation of almost OEM Navigation System - well in the same location - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: installation of almost OEM Navigation System - well in the same location (/Thread-installation-of-almost-OEM-Navigation-System-well-in-the-same-location)

installation of almost OEM Navigation System - well in the same location - Mark^^ - 07-06-2015 12:29pm

When I brought my Range Rover Evoque it was a pre order car and so I did not get to pick what accessories it would have. Of course that meant it did not come with Sat Nav. So this weekend I travelled down to Victoria to get a OEM Navigation System installed were it should have been, done by the great guys at Naviplus: http://www.naviplus.com.au/

While it does not add a NAV button on the outside buttons it puts the NAV button on the touch screen and fully integrates with the sound system, with music stopping when the GPS wants to talk.

I went down on Thursday for the install on Friday, took about 2 hours, and being a long weekend I then went from Melbourne down the Great Ocean Road to Port Fairy for a couple of days.

The new system worked well and I got to test the RRE around some twisty road and boy did it move and sit tightly to the road, the new Coopers CS5 tyres I had put on a few weeks ago were just fantastic.

Some photos:

BEFORE

[Image: DSC03340_zpsz9s2zmgy.jpg]

AFTER

[Image: DSC03344_zpslkncquow.jpg]

[Image: DSC03345_zps0vv1bwea.jpg]

Along the Great Ocean road and where I stayed:

[Image: DSC03349_zpsvybbpnue.jpg]

[Image: DSC03365_zpsifiadlya.jpg]

RE: installation of almost OEM Navigation System - well in the same location - m_101 - 10-06-2015 10:09pm

This actually looks SIGNIFICANTLY better than the stock navigation system! so much so that I wish I had it in my own car! (a UK version obviously)...