Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After 12months and 3 weeks and 11600 miles ownership
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

After 12months and 3 weeks and 11600 miles ownership

I love it, it has met all my expectations except one and I am really pleased with my purchase.
Would I have another? Probably, but there is a huge caveat (see below)

Anything I would add/ improve? Yes.................... better warm air heating (I don't seem to get a lot of heat from the clever system and rely on the heated seats and steering wheel on cold days as it seems to take an age to get warm air from the PTC heater) and the option of adaptive cruise control with a manual override to inhibit the sensor for in snowstorms would be great.

Anything wrong? Yes.................. Land Rover needs to go back to the lab and improve fuel economy. It's is disappointing that in two previous 3.6ltr TDv8 engined FFRR and RRS, run under exactly the same conditions as my Evoque, I was getting the claimed Combined cycle MPG or better than claimed (and worse, not far off what I get in the Evoque!), my Evoque has not ever got within 15% of the Combined cycle MPG and in my eyes that to claim something that cannot be achieved is being down right dishonest and I will shout it loud and clear to anybody thinking of buying an Evoque who asks me, that it is the most expensive diesel engined car to fuel compared to any other car I have owned, apart from a petrol V8 Disco 1 ES I owned and even that could get 23mpg in my hands against a claime Combined of 18mpg. Evoque is no economy special, it is a greedy guts as far as diesel is concerned, no matter how carefully you drive it and you should never expect to get anywhere near the claimed fuel consumption.

Score - 8.5/10, would have been 9.5 but for the disappointing fuel figures, it is neigh on the perfect car for me

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2012 11:27pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-09-2012 10:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: After 12months and 3 weeks and 11600 miles ownership

No improvements since the service then Tim? and now your engine should be pretty much run in. Mines taking a turn for the worse, but done some short town journeys recently which seem to kill economy.

I dont seem to remember any issues with heating even in the cold -11 of last winter!?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-09-2012 11:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

For a system that doesn't rely on engine heat, mine seems to be very slow to warm up.................... dare I say it but my 1996 Defender blows out hot air sooner than my Evoque. I was under the impression that the PTC was electrically powered so that warm air should be as good as instant from it. Maybe I should turn the controls to max rather than 24 next time we get a cold snap and see what happens. Normally I run with the climate set on 20, dropping to 17/18 on hot days but in the FFRR and RRS I could leave it on 20 year round and be toasty warm after 3 miles, it takes at least 7 miles in the Evoque before I get a trickle of warm air from the vents. The 90 is blasting hot air by that time! I was in sunny Dubai when you had all that coldness last year................ it wasn't too warm there either but that's relative, it was as cold as 17c some nights, freezing for them!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2012 11:29pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-09-2012 11:21pm
Daigriff

10 months in and enjoying the evoque experience. Would I have another...probably not, but I would now consider another LR product, which I didn't expect.

A few niggles but heat isn't one of them. Agree about poor fuel economy, also slow reversing camera, and sat navs odd directions at times.

Overall very pleased...but I do miss the extra boot space.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2012 11:28pm by Daigriff.)
27-09-2012 11:27pm
IKM

Tim, same issue as you on heating. Obviously disappointed. I'm also used to pre-heating remote for Freelanders (no longer available), which is only available on LHD Evoque (issue for me in the icy part of the UK).

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2012 11:32pm by IKM.)
27-09-2012 11:31pm
Straydox

I'm touching 9,000 miles now and just over 6 months old - fuel economy seems to vary quite a bit for no apparent reason week to week from 37 to 42mpg - mostly up and down the M40. I've not had mine in winter yet - so the heater is untested.

The heated seats work well - in fact they aren't exactly subtle are they? The lowerst setting hurts after 30 minutes - it stings!

There is a lot to like in the car but build quality/ability of the dealer to fix issues 1st time leave a bit to be desired. Its back in again next week for a 2nd attempt to fix a dropped passenger door and rattles in the drivers door and dash.

Would I have another? Maybe - I miss the quality of the numerous Audis I've owned/had(and the excellent local dealer). Maybe with winter very close now the Evoque will redeem itself and I'll be able to get the issues fixed - I've got 2.5 years left with it (Co car)...

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
28-09-2012 01:01am
slee18

I have about 11,000 miles on mine in mine months and i love it. I dont have a diesel, but my mileage does vary a lot when i drive in the city. I havent had a problems with the heating probably because mines a petrol, the heat comes on almost immediately. I have rattle in my dash but i dont trust the dealer here to fix it so im going to leave it be.

I have to say for my first range rover this is awesome. With all that you hear about the problems with the brand i was not hesitant to get one because i always wanted one and it is the most comfortable vehicle for my bad back. Since i bought mine i have no back problems. I dont regret selling my Lexus!

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
28-09-2012 05:22pm
Straydox

Good point Slee18 - the seats are stunningly good and very comfortable indeed.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
28-09-2012 06:29pm
PhilSkill

I keep my heating set at 21.5... works fine!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-09-2012 10:02pm