Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Please - Pure With Colour Coding Or Dyno-Pure?
The Valeter

As per my other thread (ordered my new Evoque)
Option 1 - My current order is a Pure Tech in Barollo Black with Firenze Red accents on the bumpers, lower door trim inserts, tailgate finisher strip & front wing vents with the front bumper sump gaurd/rear bumper diffuser coded in Barollo Black - cost around £530.00

Option 2 - The dilema is that the dealer has a pair of new Dynamic bumpers in Santorini Black that they will swap for my Pure bumpers. I would have to buy the lower door trims & sill finishers then a different exhaust. They can supply the door trims etc paint them, paint the bumpers in Barollo & fit it all up including the exhaust for approx £1100.00
The only issue I have is that I will have to buy the Dynamic exhaust but they will do this at cost price but I will be stuck with a Pure/Prestige exhaust that actually costs more than a Dynamic that I will have to sell on & I don't have the space to store it!

Option 3 - If there is time to change the car order (Doubtfull) to Santorini then it will be a simple case so far as the bumpers are concerned is to simply swap them over & do the other bits as stated above & this will cost approx £400 plus exhaust price.

I think I know what most folk would do but the parts manager & the salesman recon Option 1 as in bespoke colour coding on the standard Pure bumpers would look stunning & very unique wheras Option 2 or 3 will just look like another Dynamic which having a Dynamic now I like but I also am tempted with the original option!

Oh what to do? Question Embarrassed

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 06:15pm by The Valeter.)
15-01-2013 06:14pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

Option 1 = not my taste.

Option 2 = too expensive

Option 3 = out of your 3 options I'd pick this

Or just keep it stock... Would be better for resale as well.

What the parts and sales manager guys say is of no importance.... If they like it so much then they can do this to their own car Smile

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 08:21pm by Kimv.)
15-01-2013 07:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: Advice Please - Pure With Colour Coding Or Dyno-Pure?

Dealer rang me a while ago to say he had forgotten to include the price to purchace the lower door body trim parts & the sill finishers lol which adds just over the £400 mark to that £1100.00 so probably the "Posy-Pure" (as I have refered it to) would be the more sensible option.

I was also informed as I had expected that order went LOCKED today so can't be amended so I guess that rules out option 3. I must admit I do kind of like option 1 as I do like things a tadd different & think the Firenze will go well with Barollo!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

(This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 08:33pm by The Valeter.)
15-01-2013 08:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

Personally I think option 1 is the best, it will look a lot better than just another mock up dynamic.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
15-01-2013 08:53pm
LDT

(15-01-2013 08:53pm)J77 Wrote:  Personally I think option 1 is the best, it will look a lot better than just another mock up dynamic.

+1. As previously posted, I think this would look quite striking.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
15-01-2013 09:09pm
The Valeter

(15-01-2013 09:09pm)LDT Wrote:  +1. As previously posted, I think this would look quite striking.

Excellent, that I think is what I will do & may well just finish off with the chrome side tubes not steps.

16-01-2013 12:30am
speary

Option 1. At least it will look different and probably quite good

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
16-01-2013 09:53am