Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
They are making plenty of cash from us.
lngrn36

RE: They are making plenty of cash from us.

(15-02-2012 10:46am)ED209 Wrote:  They could invest it in current production and customer service?

I have nothing but excellent customer service here in Houston. I get a survey emailed to me after the sale and now after a service. I wish that you had as good an experience as we enjoy in a country far away from the manufacturer.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
16-02-2012 02:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

(15-02-2012 10:46am)ED209 Wrote:  They could invest it in current production and customer service?

Just had our disco4 serviced and my wife came out saying she doesn't want me to buy the evoque now as she doesn't want to give LR anymore money.
When we serviced our audi's, the service department at our local dealership was excellent. Being a long term customer we got a loyalty discount, the service was quick, we always got a new car to drive around while ours was being serviced. If we wanted too they would drive to our house and swap cars at our home rather than us going to the dealership service department. The service wasreasonable(don't think ever payed more than £500 for a Q7), and the car came back spotless, with a proper valet inside and out.
With land rover our service was over £600, we had to pay for a courtesy car, the courtesy car was filthy inside and out, and our d4 came back in the same state we dropped it off....not even a vacuum.
I keep reading in autocar and auto express how land rover has one of the highest profit margins of any car manufacturer, and think maybe they should look to maybe reduce their profits by a % or two, and put the money back into giving their existing clients a premium service, as they don't mind charging it.

Now I just have to persuade my wife again that the evoque would be a good addition for us...
16-02-2012 05:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Claud

Craig

Your not far from Godalming so you could use Guava Land Rover, lower cost, great personal service and they are a nice bunch too. They wash the cars too. However their courtesy cars are not great so get them to pick you car up at home.

Let's just hope you stick with the brand to find out what a better service agent can offer!

I get to speak to the technician working on my car if I need to, which is a real benefit if need to.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
16-02-2012 06:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply