Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Activating Trace on Satnav
NightFox

Activating Trace on Satnav

I'd noticed on my Evoque satnav that there didn't seem to be any option to trace your route, where it 'drops' a white dot behind you as you progress leaving a trail of digital breadcrumbs, a feature which I've occasionally found useful on previous cars.

However, I've discovered that if you switch to off-road navigation (just press the Nav button when you're already in Nav mode), there's a 'Trace' button on the screen which turns it on and it remains active if you then switch back to on-road navigation.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
06-12-2012 01:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Easty

Re: Activating Trace on Satnav

My garmin has this and i use it a lot specially when on trails with the bike. You can just hit reverse route. It also gives the option to store the route on the ext card to see where you ended up on your computer.
06-12-2012 05:38pm
cjfp

RE: Activating Trace on Satnav

Now, this might be user error, but my car seems to be missing the off-road Nav. I'm in Nav with map up (no route planned) and push the hard Nav button again and naff-all. What am I missing?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
06-12-2012 10:35pm
Barton Evoque

It will then show two option's in black boxes.
On road navigation or Off road navigation.
Must be a feature of the new nav software.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
07-12-2012 01:44pm
Inges

Hi,

I'm just curious what version do you guys have on MY13 ? On the home screen hold in the "valet" button for approx 20 seconds and a new screen will pop up with information about software version, etc.

Should look something like this:

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 07:24pm by Inges.)
07-12-2012 07:23pm
Inges

I was at the dealer today. Getting Permashine on the door that was replaced and at the same time I took a look at a MY13 and what kind of software version that car had:
I'm curious what the difference are compared to MY12. And seems like there ain't no information about the software updates, and according to the dealer this version ain't available for MY12 owners, at least not yet. But it seems strange that this release ain't for MY12 owners.

Anyone out there that can shed some light on this? Smile

/Inge

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 11:19pm by Inges.)
13-12-2012 06:06pm
robine73

I have notices the 2 buttons appearing on some occassions and not on others, and it seems to be when the car believes it may not be precisely on a road when you initiate the navigation.

Try parking in a large supermarket carpark and then starting the sat nav. You may find it offers the 2 options, when starting on a road may not.

I have yet to work it out definitively.

Robin.

Range Rover Evoque SD4 4WD Prestige Firenze Red with AD and RSE Dec 2012
01-03-2013 09:30am
Donny Dog

(06-12-2012 10:35pm)cjfp Wrote:  Now, this might be user error, but my car seems to be missing the off-road Nav.

Mine tried to take me off-roading when I didn't want to! In Devon, it wanted me to turn left into a field, apparently believing there was a road there - when I didn't take the advice (for obvious reasons!) it added about six miles to the route, so it had obviously thought that this 'road' was a short-cut.
01-03-2013 11:13am
griff

I was at Honiton on Tuesday doing a full day in the Evoque - well impressed. LRE had a 62 plate SD4 Auto and the Sat Nav in that had at least two features my MY12 does not - a button for inputting POI from a memory stick. Great for touring holidays.
And also the off-road "breadcrumb" line.
I've pm'd Liam to ask if there is an upgrade as I feel that after only one year it should be included. BMW did!

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
01-03-2013 12:55pm
scrannel

If you do not have off-road you may be able to get it with a software upgrade. My 2013 has it and on another thread we were comparing software versions and mine, and others that have it of course have the most recent version.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
01-03-2013 02:07pm