Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Activating Trace on Satnav
PhilSkill

RE: Activating Trace on Satnav

(01-03-2013 12:55pm)griff Wrote:  I was at Honiton on Tuesday doing a full day in the Evoque - well impressed. LRE had a 62 plate SD4 Auto and the Sat Nav in that had at least two features my MY12 does not - a button for inputting POI from a memory stick. Great for touring holidays.
And also the off-road "breadcrumb" line.
I've pm'd Liam to ask if there is an upgrade as I feel that after only one year it should be included. BMW did!

I think all us MY12 owners need to contact customer services on this, there's no need for LR to do upgrades, but they will quickly disgruntle thier newly found customer base if they don't. I will be contacting Customer services again (already asked about upgrades and told none available), if enough of us do LR really should budge.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-03-2013 03:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

Activating Trace on Satnav

I've been in contact with Liam and he is contacting the product team for comment.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
01-03-2013 03:29pm
Squidly73

Hi , i m just try to understand the how to !! some one with MY2012 says that Off road navigation is implemented on their, i don 't find this information on Owner books, and i don't find the right process on my Nav? is anybody can show us a pic of this function please? or a pic of its owner manual with this activation ?

when you talk about nav button, is it on Nav device or on steering wheel ??

Evoque sd4 coupé dynamic auto. , black Sumatra, indus silver roof, coldmate pack,
panoramic cameras, black strata, ebony leather.
https://www.facebook.com/ForumPassionRangeRoverEvoque
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 09:03am by Squidly73.)
26-04-2013 09:02am
Tony

(06-12-2012 10:35pm)cjfp Wrote:  Now, this might be user error, but my car seems to be missing the off-road Nav. I'm in Nav with map up (no route planned) and push the hard Nav button again and naff-all. What am I missing?

Likewise, tried every button in the Nav system and no Off Road mode. On checking the book it says in 'Off Road' you can display your current location coordinates - Long/Lat. My old 58 plate FL2 did this trick as a 'where am I' function, such is progress with LR.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
28-04-2013 05:21pm
wilsonmg

Did we ever get to the bottom of this ?

Mart
10-01-2014 12:24pm
m_101

Agreed - I am also wondering if we need to speak to Pete@Landrover again about this as I'm still having persistent problems with my sat nav (although not specific to route tracing) that weren't there on the newer evoque I recently drove.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-01-2014 05:19pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi all,

I have just spotted this, Manas please see your PM and reply Very Happy

In regards to the previous comments and points raised, I am more than happy to investigate further and advise. Could I please ask that specific details and questions be sent to me via PM with your vehicle details in order to allow me to investigate further.

This is simply to allow me to get more specifics and once I have the information to address each concern I am more than happy to post it on this thread to update all members.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
10-01-2014 05:31pm
m_101

Thanks Pete - efficient! I've been having issues with the sat nav not knowing where it is. Less than handy when you're trying to get to a housecall in a hurry! The weird thing is that the cursor tracks in the correct direction and at about the right speed, but is a few hundred yards off course.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-01-2014 08:34pm