Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About to place order. Advice needed please regarding a good deal etc
Austindp

Hello everyone

I'm just about to place my order for a new Evoque (very excited) and having researched a lot of points through very helpful members on this forum. I just wondered if you would be able to help me with some advice?

I visited my dealer today to see what deal they would be able to do for me and was met with "the most we have ever given away is a free Supaguard treatment"

Anyway, 30 minutes later and after numerous quotes from the forum regarding discounts achieved by other members, lower demand for 2013MY, new specs for 2014MY etc etc I managed to leave with the following deal in place:

2013MY, Pure SD4, 5dr, manual, Privacy glass, Xenons, 825w sound system with a dealer contribution of £1,000 for deposit (discount of £1,000 off of r.r.p). Delivery would be late July, the car is factory order 2013MY.

No deal offered for 2014MY, September delivery (as expected)

My question is whether you think this is a good deal or should I spend some time tomorrow ringing other dealers to find a better deal?

I'm not too fused on colour (either white, black or grey) and don't have an issue taking a runout example with additional extras assuming the deal makes it worth while. I'm also not fussed about 2013MY or 2014MY as it's a manual I'm after and not sure there are any other changes worth paying extra for. I'm also able to take delivery immediately if the car is in dealer stock etc.

Sorry for rambling on but hope you can help.

Thanks again
Jason
24-05-2013 07:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: About to place order. Advice needed please regarding a good deal etc

Try one of the forum sponsors, Hadley Green Land Rover or Lookers Park Royal Land Rover. At HGG ask for Matt Guerney and at Lookers ask to speak with Barry Palmer and tell them you are a forum member. Neither outlet is too far from you and I have used Lookers pArk Royal to purchase my last 3 Range Rovers. LPR holds one of the largest stocks of new Evoques in the country so you might also find what you want from their stock, end if month bonuses are coming up too so hod out for a better deal than the one you have been offered, it wasn't very generous. Hadley Green are out at High Barnet, you could mention to them both that I recommended them to you
Wink

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2013 08:03pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-05-2013 08:01pm
Austindp

BOOM! and the forum strikes again! Thanks for the help I'll call them tomorrow and let you know what they say.
24-05-2013 08:20pm
slimtim123

Definitely pays to shop around. I spent 3 weeks going backwards and forwards with Hunters, they eventually they offered me some half price mats. I then started to phone a few other dealers and within the space of an hour had saved myself £2500.00 by going to Stratstones when including the finance deal they offered. They even had a car on order that almost met the spec I wanted and still had time to be changed, 8 weeks later I had my new Evoque having done the whole deal over the phone.

I said I'd only do the deal if they threw in a set of mats for free, which they did willingly. Couldn't fault them and it gave me great pleasure in telling Hunters that I would no longer be needing their services when they phoned me back a week later to tell me that they had been speaking to the sales manager and had some good news for me about the mats!

MY13 Pure Tech, SD4 Auto, Santorini Black, Ebony Leather, Panoramic, Privacy, Rear Camera, Front Fogs
24-05-2013 08:53pm
Craig_d1

I take it your local dealer is Ascot then. I tried them recently and they wouldn't offer me any discount on a new car. That was after trying Reading too, having purchased 2 other LR from them and they wouldn't offer me a discount either.
I would definitely shop around. Drive the deal are offering close to £2,400 discount on your spec car with the finance option. Remember reading someone just got 10% discount recently too, so there are deals to be done.
I'm waiting for the 9speed auto to come out and see the price difference before I decide now. The reviews state it improves fuel efficiency by 10%, but if demand is high, and LR increase the price, and you can't get a discount on the 9speed, I'll prob try getting a good deal on a my13. If I can save £3-4000, that'll more than offset any fuel saving, and I'm planning on keeping it for 5 yrs so depreciation by that time should be similar.
You sure you don't want to add the tech pack? The sat nav isn't that bad, and will make your car more desirable come resale time. Also you get the heated windscreen which is a godsend in the winter IMHO
24-05-2013 09:57pm
Austindp

Thanks SlimTim. I will defo shop around.

Yes Craig_d1 it is Guy Salmon Ascot I've been dealing with. To be honest the salesman there is next to useless. I get the feeling that they haven't had to "sell" anything in quite some time.

To be honest I don't care where the car comes from, I'm happy to travel anywhere to collect it so I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks again for all of your help everyone.
25-05-2013 08:46am
chapmac

Drivethedeal is a good indicator. I used their price when I wasn't getting too far with my dealer and asked them to match it. They came back with a price within £100 of it which was a £700 improvement over their previous offer. Did the deal on the condition they filled it with fuel.

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
25-05-2013 08:58am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It is a good weekend to go shopping for cars that dealers have in stock as they get their bonuses on registrations, not on orders taken and if you can close the deal before the 31st they will be very keen to deal to secure their sales bonuses from LR if they meet their quota for the month.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-05-2013 09:24am
Austindp

Thanks for the advice everyone. Straight off the bat Matt from HGL offered another £500 off. The finance guy has just come back and it looks like I've saved £1000 off my deposit plus £50 per month less on a 3 year PCP!

Added to this I've also got mats, boot mat, full tank of fuel and 5 years servicing.

All in all I think it's a cracking deal so thanks to the forum for the advice and to Matt at HGL for the deal.

All I have to do now is finalise my spec and wait for delivery.....oh and order my 22" rims!

Smile
25-05-2013 05:21pm
Craig_d1

(25-05-2013 05:21pm)Austindp Wrote:  Thanks for the advice everyone. Straight off the bat Matt from HGL offered another £500 off. The finance guy has just come back and it looks like I've saved £1000 off my deposit plus £50 per month less on a 3 year PCP!

Added to this I've also got mats, boot mat, full tank of fuel and 5 years servicing.

All in all I think it's a cracking deal so thanks to the forum for the advice and to Matt at HGL for the deal.

All I have to do now is finalise my spec and wait for delivery.....oh and order my 22" rims!

Smile

Hadley Green LR is now owned by the Colbornes Group, who own the Audi dealership in Camberley. A little link to your home town....
25-05-2013 06:08pm