Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About the delivery dates
paulus599

RE: ABOUT THE DELIVERY DATES

(08-05-2011 02:52pm)Blackseries Wrote:  I was a bit shocked when I got an email back from the dealer saying ETA would be October. If a run of the mill VW takes that long to come, a couple of extra weeks for the Evoque seems no hardship.

True, I think the issue most people have is not that they may have to wait an extra couple of weeks, it's that we just don't know Sad The marketing people have whipped us all into a buying frenzy then just stood back and watched as all these rumours have started circulating.
They need to get a grip on this and start giving us more information and definate(ish) delivery dates.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
08-05-2011 09:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kermit

(08-05-2011 02:52pm)Blackseries Wrote:  also (interesting spec fact) on a VW with front and rear parking sensors the upgrade cost to “parallel park assist” is £85. When I queried this they said that as the car already has the parking sensors and electrically assisted steering it was basically 2 extra sensors and a software upgrade, it makes the Evoques £460 option look a little overpriced.

There is probably a lot more to be fitted with the RRE than the Golf.
09-05-2011 06:37am
vinda

My car is due to arrive in September
10-05-2011 01:20am
Essexblue

RE: ABOUT THE DELIVERY DATES: No September build Coupes

(10-05-2011 01:20am)vinda Wrote:  My car is due to arrive in September

I paid my deposit 11 months ago in June 2010 and ordered an Si4 LUX Coupe in Fuji White, when requested. I am top of the dealers list but cannot get on the first 10 car allocation. I was told at first this was due to no availability of pursuit interior, but when I said I would choose an alternative, I was called later to be told the LUX pack is unavailable. I don't believe any of this but am sure the September deliveries will all be 5 doors only, with 3 doors delayed to October earliest.

Question: is anyone getting a coupe on first September build for sure?
11-05-2011 10:12pm
cjfp

Having spoken to another (good) dealer today who is unaware of any issues (other than the colour thing) I am beginning to think that this is 'bad' dealers spinning a yarn for some reason. My deposit dealer still says that my Pure Coupe is on the first batch in October.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-05-2011 10:32pm
paulus599

RE: ABOUT THE DELIVERY DATES: No September build Coupes

(11-05-2011 10:12pm)Essexblue Wrote:  Question: is anyone getting a coupe on first September build for sure?

I e-mailed my dealer last week regarding 'problems' with component supply for the Coupe. He has said that there are no problems that they are aware of. They are however only getting a very limited number of cars in the first batch, seven in total, only two are coupe's (which also had to be diesel) - this was regardless of how many coupe orders they had taken.

From email - 'some customers who want a coupe are having to wait even though they are right at the top of the waiting list, simply due to the ordering constraints being put in place by Land Rover'

So there will be coupe's available, just in very limited numbers, probably due to LR expecting to take almost three 5 door orders to every one of the coupe.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
11-05-2011 10:55pm
evoqueboy

I believe I get mine on 26th September at the latest! Can't wait! Smile

An inside source also tells me that there are no probs and just ignore all the banter, unless you hear otherwise from your dealer!
11-05-2011 11:06pm
vinda

(11-05-2011 11:06pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  I believe I get mine on 26th September at the latest! Can't wait! Smile

An inside source also tells me that there are no probs and just ignore all the banter, unless you hear otherwise from your dealer!

Which dealer r u using. Guy salmon Coventry?
12-05-2011 12:46am
evoqueboy

(12-05-2011 12:46am)vinda Wrote:  
(11-05-2011 11:06pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  I believe I get mine on 26th September at the latest! Can't wait! Smile

Which dealer r u using. Guy salmon Coventry?

Colliers - Birmingham.
12-05-2011 07:08am
DynamicRRV

Im with Guy Salmon,Coventry.
12-05-2011 07:55am