Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FAULT
malcolmmitchell@hotmail.co.uk

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FAULT

I HAVE A 6 SPEED AUTOMATIC, SUPPLIED BY A LAND ROVER MAIN DEALER 14 MONTHS AGO, IT WAS FINE FOR THE FIRST 6 MONTHS, SINCE THEN WHEN YOU ARE COASTING AND YOU DROP TO 23 MILES PER HOUR IT DISENGAGES GEAR UNTIL YOU ACCELERATE AGAIN. VEHICLE HAS BEEN BACK TO MAIN DEALER SEVERAL TIMES BUT I AM TOLD THE VEHICLE IS PERFORMING AS DESIGNED. I HAVE DRIVEN OTHER EVOQUE'S THAT DIDN'T DO THIS. ANYONE HAD SIMILAR . I HAVE 10 MONTHS LEFT ON WARRANTY.
01-08-2016 04:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FAULT

Not sure but NO NEED TO SHOUT!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
01-08-2016 06:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Try contacting Land Rover Customer Services through the forum. You don't say if it is an SD4 or an Si4. IIRC the last of the 6 speed Si4's had automatic disengagement of rear drive above 23mph to aid fuel economy, may be that they also disengaged all drive under lighter engine loads, but it isn't something reported here as being an issue so LRCS might be the route to go if you are not getting satisfaction from the techs at your dealership. It doesn't sound right to me that it does this and shouldn't do it at all for a pre 2016 SD4 2.2

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-08-2016 06:10pm

(01-08-2016 06:10pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Try contacting Land Rover Customer Services through the forum. You don't say if it is an SD4 or an Si4. IIRC the last of the 6 speed Si4's had automatic disengagement of rear drive above 23mph to aid fuel economy, may be that they also disengaged all drive under lighter engine loads, but it isn't something reported here as being an issue so LRCS might be the route to go if you are not getting satisfaction from the techs at your dealership. It doesn't sound right to me that it does this and shouldn't do it at all for a pre 2016 SD4 2.2

Thanks for your comment, it is a pre 2016 SD4 2.2 . The dealership have been in contact with Land Rover and it was Land Rover who said the vehicle was performing as designed
01-08-2016 06:27pm
druand

(01-08-2016 06:27pm)malcolmmitchell@hotmail.co.uk Wrote:  Thanks for your comment, it is a pre 2016 SD4 2.2 . The dealership have been in contact with Land Rover and it was Land Rover who said the vehicle was performing as designed

"performing as designed "LR often "speak with forked tongue"
I drove a 2008 TD4 Auto for 40k miles and then bought a new TD4 Auto which had a very annoying Tizz/light vibration at 70mph when pulling. The dealers called in the area engineer who said nothing wrong with vehicle "perfectly acceptable" when i disagreed with him and informing him of my many years (now retired) working in motor trade his next quote " if you have that amount of experience then you should know NO MANUFACTURER HAS EVER BUILT A CAR THAT DOES NOT HAVE A VIBRATION AT SOME POINT"
A few months later I met a development engineer from LR works, away from any official connection with LR, he knew of problem and that LR were aware but taking No action due to very small nos affected. New engine and Haldex possibly reqd.
A call to LR Customer services (I gave no details of how I obtained info) offered them "Nice route" or "Nasty route" via press and lawyer. Within 2 hours I had the offer of a Facelift SD4 for a not unreasonable contribution. I had covered almost 8k by this time.
4 Freelander 2's (maybe say 3.5) and now Evoque 2.0 Auto 180 all without any problems.
02-08-2016 05:06pm

Thanks for reply, I could try similar route
02-08-2016 06:08pm