Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Little Colour Help Before I Sign Final Order Please.
DynamicRRV

RE: A Little Colour Help Before I Sign Final Order Please.

The two tone leather reminds me of MGs from 2000 onwards. Looks nice when brand new but dates and tires as time goes on. My choice is definitely your 4th option.... Classy and subtle enough but will never date.
25-10-2011 12:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Greg

Don't like to throw a spanner in the works but.... I think a person might get tired of the red a year down the line, though I think the white is stunning ,I also think there will be a lot of them on the road, I think the silver looks good and shows off the lines of the car beautifully,I have a black evoque coming next month, I tried to change to silver but it was to late. They all look great anyway. Good luck making your decision .

Si 4 Sumatra black....delayed..replaced with Dynamic Fuji white...arrived today!
25-10-2011 05:44pm
The Valeter

(25-10-2011 12:50pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  The two tone leather reminds me of MGs from 2000 onwards. Looks nice when brand new but dates and tires as time goes on. My choice is definitely your 4th option.... Classy and subtle enough but will never date.

That would be the Monaco trim = Black Leather with coloured inserts!

Oh decisions decisions....Most cars have too little choice lol.............

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 06:12pm by The Valeter.)
25-10-2011 06:11pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

Thats the one .....Monaco.Nice when new but dated very quickly.
25-10-2011 06:19pm
Evoqess

Firenze red looks rather spiffy but I prefer a plainer interior - rather than red exterior and red two tone interior. My issue with the two tone seats is that when I look at them I see too many pieces of leather sewn together. Too many seams, like a cheaper leather jacket!
But take my views with a grain of salt because I'm a "Colima lime with a white contrast roof" kinda gal but am going for classic Fuji white because I can get my hands on one much, much sooner! Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 07:12am by Evoqess.)
26-10-2011 07:11am
mark_n

Good point, Evoqess, the larger the area of uninterrupted leather (by seams), the more expensive it becomes because of the defects on the original hide. With smaller pieces of leather, you can get more effective total area from a hide.

Thinking about it, I don't think you should mix Firenze and Pimento.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
26-10-2011 07:50am
trackmonkey

My opinion is Firenze Red is by far the nicest colour I'm sick too death of seeing white, every other car is white. just make sure you get the silver roof looks fantastic.

2 tone interior with the red inserts looks really nice, don't get the black head liner it makes the car too dark inside.

so red with the silver roof, verve interior and ivory headliner and you sir will have a very good looking car.

thats only MY opinion BTW. Smile
28-10-2011 04:18pm
Blackseries

(28-10-2011 04:18pm)trackmonkey Wrote:  just make sure you get the silver roof looks fantastic.

Don't think I've seen that colour combo .... I've only seen Red with a Black roof (my favourite) & Red with a White roof.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
28-10-2011 05:29pm
The Valeter

(28-10-2011 04:18pm)trackmonkey Wrote:  My opinion is Firenze Red is by far the nicest colour I'm sick too death of seeing white, every other car is white. just make sure you get the silver roof looks fantastic.

2 tone interior with the red inserts looks really nice, don't get the black head liner it makes the car too dark inside.

so red with the silver roof, verve interior and ivory headliner and you sir will have a very good looking car.

thats only MY opinion BTW. Smile

That's like the factory launch spec cars.

Strangely as much as I really want Firenze Red I am seriously thinking of going Fuji White simply as I have a lot of reds & I am wanting something different but just can't decide!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
28-10-2011 06:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mcrodgers5

Green for me, either Galway Green or Aintree Green. As my signature says, ordered in Galway but lease co say it might (or might not be) Aintree instead. The only other colours I considered was either the red - looks fine, or the black - quite menacing.

White is a no no for me. Lots of country road driving for me. It'd get manky in no time and be a pain in the backside to keep looking clean.

ED4 2wd, with tech pack, ordered in Galway Green, but told might be Aintree Green. Due mid April 2012.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 04:03pm by mcrodgers5.)
02-11-2011 04:02pm