Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Contrast roof black type is different between UK / Australia. Wonder why?
benzina

Contrast roof black type is different between UK / Australia. Wonder why?

On respective websites, i notice (and as we have seen), the UK versions get Narvik for both solid and Pano roof, where as in Australia, it says we get Sumatra for solid roofs, and Santorini for Panoramics.

1. I understand Santorini has been short due to troubles in Japan,but i wonder why the variations,particularly between the country's, as the Narvik is a solid black, and both Sumatra / Santorini are more expensive metallics.
2. Wonder what other country's are getting?
3. What type of black are the trim pieces (ie: mirrors,grill) on Dynamic versions? Are they different per country as well?

Personally, i prefer the metallics (whether Sumatra or Santorini, virtually the same), and am glad we are getting them.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 03:03pm by benzina.)
02-11-2011 05:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Contrast roof black type is different between UK / Australia. Wonder why?

It wouldn't surprise me if the web-sites are failing to keep up with the paint supply issues. Keeping in mind the cars are all made on the same line and the painted trim parts come in pre-painted from external suppliers, I think it's more than likely they use the same paint wherever the car is headed.

Unless there is some bizarre health and safety issue for the destination market, why would you not?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
02-11-2011 06:31am
benzina

RE: Contrast roof black type is different between UK / Australia. Wonder why?

What black type are they using for the trim pieces, on UK Dynamics? Is it Narvik?

As specified in our order sheet, the preview Evoque Dynamics sent over here in Australia,had Santorini (metalic) black trim,such as the mirror caps....see photo i took...

[Image: evoqueviewing011.jpg]

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2011 12:28am by benzina.)
02-11-2011 09:49am