Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Gesture That Is Intended To Help This Club/Forum.
The Valeter

Firstly if this breaks any rules please delete & tell me off!

About 3 weeks ago I posted a thread about another supplier of sidesteps from Turkey then the owner of that company joined here as he wondered where all the hits to his site were coming from. It was due to the link I had posted. He was very gratefull & said to me via an email he was so pleased that he wanted to shw his gratification by sending me a free set of these new sidesteps.
They can be found on this link. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200886184850?s...1438.l2649

I'm not sure if the price stated will be altered or not but I think it will be. Now this guy has sent me the step kit but I had allready paid for the Chrome Side Tubes & they were allready at my house but you are a fool to look a gifthorse in the mouth!!
This guy went to a lot of effort to get these to me & the customs charges alone were £83 - this I know as I saw the invoice. The box weighs 28KG. He paid all this & any postage etc & his communication & English has been excellent.
I believe this is the first kit that has come to the UK & he is very enthusiastic to see them fitted to a UK car. I in a way feel ungratefull but I had allready planned etc for the tubes so....................

HERE IS MY SUGESTION :-

I do not want any money for these steps but at the same time don't see why I should just give them away, after all who would? The most sensible/fair thing I can think of is to offer these for sale at a bargain fixed price of £160.00. If the lucky buyer feels this is too cheap which in reality it is they can feel free to top it up.
I then would wish the monies to be paid to this club/forum to use as so wished - perhaps maybe for something to do with the 2nd Birthday meet (if there is to be one) or similar. I guess a moderator can organise how the monies are paid & the best use for them.
In the event of more than one person wanting them perhaps a sealed bid scenario can be done by PM to a member of the admin team?

Postage costs would be additional unless the item is collected in person from North Kent.

All I ask is that whoever buys these agrees & this is a must is to fit them to their car & sends me a photo or two that I can send to the supplier.
This set is only for a Pure or Prestige model but he contacted me today to say he has just finished the modification to bracketry for them to fit a Dynamic.
They also fit directly to any fixings on the car just as if they were made by Landrover so no modification is required (so I have been told).

I do hope this is greeted with enthusiasm.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
21-02-2013 08:52pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
cutter7

If I remember right..you replied to him that you had just ordered the Borola black pure.

So are these steps/bars that have been sent to you for that colour only ?

21-02-2013 09:15pm
Find all posts by this user
PhilSkill

RE: A Gesture That Is Intended To Help This Club/Forum.

Nice Offer Valeter! Sadly I have a set already, these ones look quite nice though!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-02-2013 09:18pm
The Valeter

(21-02-2013 09:15pm)cutter7 Wrote:  If I remember right..you replied to him that you had just ordered the Borola black pure.

So are these steps/bars that have been sent to you for that colour only ?

This is correct that is the set. They are not colour coded, they are of a similar idea to the Freelander steps as in black rubber & brushed alluminium edging. Quite a sleek looking design.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

21-02-2013 10:11pm
cutter7

"All I ask is that whoever buys these agrees & this is a must is to fit them to their car & sends me a photo or two that I can send to the supplier".

Why must this be the agreement..?

(This post was last modified: 21-02-2013 10:56pm by cutter7.)
21-02-2013 10:33pm
The Valeter

(21-02-2013 10:33pm)cutter7 Wrote:  All I ask is that whoever buys these agrees & this is a must is to fit them to their car & sends me a photo or two that I can send to the supplier.

?

21-02-2013 10:34pm
xxxx5

(21-02-2013 10:33pm)cutter7 Wrote:  "All I ask is that whoever buys these agrees & this is a must is to fit them to their car & sends me a photo or two that I can send to the supplier".

Is that a bit obvious given the OP!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
22-02-2013 05:40am
The Valeter

(21-02-2013 10:33pm)cutter7 Wrote:  "All I ask is that whoever buys these agrees & this is a must is to fit them to their car & sends me a photo or two that I can send to the supplier".

Simple... as stated in the first post the seller has given these as a gift as he wants to see them on a car here in the UK, possibly to help with advertising I guess but given he sent them free of charge & asked me to photo after fitting them to my car it would be an insult to him to just sell them of willy nilly.

(This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 09:46am by The Valeter.)
22-02-2013 09:46am
mickydd

Valeter,
Thanks for the generous offer, shame he didn't send you the Dynamic version, would gladly have gifted the money to this brilliant site.
I am certain someone will want them.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
22-02-2013 10:49am
FujiSan

Could be interested, have sent a PM.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
22-02-2013 02:59pm
Thread Closed