Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
825w audio system
BFGEvoqueMan

825w audio system

Can anyone provide some informed opinion about the merits of an audio upgrade? I have just sold my FL2 HSE with the Dolby surround system and loved the quality of the surround sound, and have previously had Bose systems in my Mercedes.

How good is the standard system, and how good is the upgrade?

Evoquemaker can you help?

Many thanks SmileSmile

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
18-07-2011 08:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: 825w audio system

Car stereos - how long do u realistically spend in the car and are your ears good enough to hear the real difference between a very good stereo and a very very good (louder) stereo. Oh, and do u have £800 odd sploshing around in your pocket that wouldn't be better spent elsewhere (like a nice ring for the wife!). My ears aren't good enough to pay out for the upgrade.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-07-2011 10:28am
vision*R

That doesn't mean other people aren't able to hear the difference. It's not about loudness btw.
I'd love some opinions as well, but afaik nobody has been able to hear both systems side-to-side?

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
18-07-2011 11:46am
cjfp

(18-07-2011 11:46am)vision*R Wrote:  That doesn't mean other people aren't able to hear the difference. It's not about loudness btw.
I'd love some opinions as well, but afaik nobody has been able to hear both systems side-to-side?

That's why I put "... are YOUR ears good enough ..." - my ears only matter in my car!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-07-2011 02:51pm
Blackseries

Just read a back copy of Car Magazine - in an article about options (the gist of which they are overpriced) there was this:-

"Upgraded HiFi -Range Rover Evoque £995 for Meridian Surround System.
Independent £599 plus fitting JBL MS8

..... even Harman which makes JBL admits its own aftermarket add-on will outperform the Harman Logic Seven system"

Hope that makes sense.

As with all options (or pretty much all) you have to decide if its worth it to YOU because you'll get next to none of the cost back when you sell so buy and enjoy. It’s the true benefit of buying a brand new car ... to have what you want.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
19-07-2011 12:05pm