babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
825w audio system - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: 825w audio system (/Thread-825w-audio-system)

825w audio system - BFGEvoqueMan - 18-07-2011 08:47am

Can anyone provide some informed opinion about the merits of an audio upgrade? I have just sold my FL2 HSE with the Dolby surround system and loved the quality of the surround sound, and have previously had Bose systems in my Mercedes.

How good is the standard system, and how good is the upgrade?

Evoquemaker can you help?

Many thanks SmileSmile

RE: 825w audio system - cjfp - 18-07-2011 10:28am

Car stereos - how long do u realistically spend in the car and are your ears good enough to hear the real difference between a very good stereo and a very very good (louder) stereo. Oh, and do u have £800 odd sploshing around in your pocket that wouldn't be better spent elsewhere (like a nice ring for the wife!). My ears aren't good enough to pay out for the upgrade.

RE: 825w audio system - vision*R - 18-07-2011 11:46am

That doesn't mean other people aren't able to hear the difference. It's not about loudness btw.
I'd love some opinions as well, but afaik nobody has been able to hear both systems side-to-side?

RE: 825w audio system - cjfp - 18-07-2011 02:51pm

(18-07-2011 11:46am)vision*R Wrote:  That doesn't mean other people aren't able to hear the difference. It's not about loudness btw.
I'd love some opinions as well, but afaik nobody has been able to hear both systems side-to-side?

That's why I put "... are YOUR ears good enough ..." - my ears only matter in my car!

RE: 825w audio system - Blackseries - 19-07-2011 12:05pm

Just read a back copy of Car Magazine - in an article about options (the gist of which they are overpriced) there was this:-

"Upgraded HiFi -Range Rover Evoque £995 for Meridian Surround System.
Independent £599 plus fitting JBL MS8

..... even Harman which makes JBL admits its own aftermarket add-on will outperform the Harman Logic Seven system"

Hope that makes sense.

As with all options (or pretty much all) you have to decide if its worth it to YOU because you'll get next to none of the cost back when you sell so buy and enjoy. It’s the true benefit of buying a brand new car ... to have what you want.