Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
7 day insurance?
J77

RE: 7 day insurance?

LR insurance is very competitive, but the 7 day insurance is with aviva.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
23-03-2012 11:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EVO PUNDITT

Those 7 day insurances are ok for 7 days, but dont bother asking for an annual quote as you will be shocked how much they charge (rip off!)

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
23-03-2012 11:59am
Ghost Rider

(23-03-2012 10:56am)CSJ Wrote:  I took it for the 7 days and it was no problem. It was Aviva, although their quote for the annual policy was very uncompetitive!

My Audi S3 is insured through Aviva which was competitive at the time, phoned up today for a RRE quote and the premiums higherShocked wasn't expecting that in fact I had it in my mind I would be saving money on insurance costs. Looks like I need to do some shopping

Hi BTW new to the forum and looking to pull the trigger very shortly, just need to decide on a couple more options

Now in possesion of my SD4 Auto Dynamic., Santorini, Privacy Glass Shadow, Chrome Shadow style 7's Mixed emotions
23-03-2012 10:27pm
Donny Dog

(23-03-2012 10:27pm)Ghost Rider Wrote:  My Audi S3 is insured through Aviva which was competitive at the time, phoned up today for a RRE quote and the premiums higherShocked wasn't expecting that in fact I had it in my mind I would be saving money on insurance costs. Looks like I need to do some shopping

Hi BTW new to the forum and looking to pull the trigger very shortly, just need to decide on a couple more options

Try Tesco - my wife's Evoque is insured with them and it cost £180.
23-03-2012 10:37pm
BTS18

(23-03-2012 10:27pm)Ghost Rider Wrote:  Hi BTW new to the forum and looking to pull the trigger very shortly, just need to decide on a couple more options

Might be worth getting your order in sooner rather than later. You will have 6 - 10 months to choose your options and change the spec.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
23-03-2012 11:20pm
The Valeter

I sorted the insurance this morning. I had to ask Landrover Insurance for the 7 Day cover but then took their policy out.
They quoted me £881 last month then when I did the online rubbish it quoted me £1057. I have been speaking with a guy called Jamie Ridley at LR Insurance & I allways barter & he knocked a further £100 off the premium from the phone quote to £782. Esure were cheaper online though I never rang them but I think you may get far better cover with LR Insurance to be honest.

£782 is somewhat more than I wanted to pay but I was getting several quotes of £1000+. I think it is allways worth doing an online quote then ring up the chosen company as they go into more detail than the online form plus you can speak to a human!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
23-03-2012 11:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
edgedata

(23-03-2012 11:54pm)The Valeter Wrote:  £782 is somewhat more than I wanted to pay but I was getting several quotes of £1000+. I think it is allways worth doing an online quote then ring up the chosen company as they go into more detail than the online form plus you can speak to a human!

Couldn't agree more.

I see so many people compare insurance quotes on price alone. Price is obviously something to consider when comparing quotes but you need to take into account many other variables, such as; the cover offered, what's included/excluded, various excesses to pay in the event of a claim, if no claim discount included, is there a limit on number of claims in a year, other drivers on policy etc. etc. All of these can affect the quoted price enormously. Other things like age, postcode, claims made, points earned, business use etc also alter costs but there is not much we can do about these.

What I am saying is that there is so much more to consider than simply the cost.

Previous: 12MY Pure 5dr SD4 Tech Auto Orkney Grey : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Ebony Int : Rear cam : Folding mirrors : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Fogs : Privacy glass
Now : 14MY Dynamic SD4 5dr 9speed Firenze Red : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Privacy glass + more...
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 12:55am by edgedata.)
24-03-2012 12:54am
The Valeter

With Landrover Insurance they guarantee to only use original Landrover parts at an approved Landrover garage. I questioned the "approved bit" & the garage is usually a Landrover dealer or Landrover inspected place. You get a courtessy like for like car as standard - some charge extra now & you generally end up with a small hatchback!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
24-03-2012 01:13am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghost Rider

(24-03-2012 01:13am)The Valeter Wrote:  With Landrover Insurance they guarantee to only use original Landrover parts at an approved Landrover garage. I questioned the "approved bit" & the garage is usually a Landrover dealer or Landrover inspected place. You get a courtessy like for like car as standard - some charge extra now & you generally end up with a small hatchback!

Thanks thats worth knowing, you get what you pay for and I totallly get cheap is not always best, I also hate it when bodyshops give you a base micra or whatever when you have a car costing 5 time us much. I was however suprised that my hot hatch was cheaper to insure, are you RRE drivers all boy/girl racers or somethingVery Happy

Now in possesion of my SD4 Auto Dynamic., Santorini, Privacy Glass Shadow, Chrome Shadow style 7's Mixed emotions
24-03-2012 10:31pm