Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
4 wheel drive issue
evoqueboy

4 wheel drive issue

Hi guys. It's been a very long time. I hope all is well. Right, I seem to have a problem in that my dynamic sd4 auto evoque was serviced and seems to be front wheel drive only since I've had it back. I've only just got the car back and the steering for some reasons seems to be quite light. It seemed to almost be drifting in roundabouts which was quite scary. The car doesn't seem like a 4 wheel drive vehicle any more! Can anybody shed any light into what possibly could have happened. However I will contact my dealer at the earliest opportunity which will now be early next week.

Thanks in advance
28-11-2013 11:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: 4 wheel drive issue

hmm that's very strange. not quite sure how you could test this but I thought the system was a Haldex type one so is it possible that it has somehow electrically "uncoupled" and is sending all the torque to the front?

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
28-11-2013 11:43pm
Straydox

I think you will find that the Evoque drive train is 95% front wheel drive by default, the system can detect if the front wheels are rotating faster than the rears in less than a 3rd of a wheel rotation and progressively transfer drive to the rear wheels.....

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
29-11-2013 01:11am
super7

Check your tyre pressures
29-11-2013 08:00am
evoqueboy

Will check tyre pressures over the weekend and get back to you guys. This is what I initially thought but it seems more of a drivetrain or traction issue. Will keep you guys updated.

Thanks
29-11-2013 10:16am
m_101

Stradyox I didn't know that - learn something new every day.
Ashamed to say I didn't even think of tyre pressures even though I check mine just about every fill up!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
29-11-2013 12:46pm
SiT

(29-11-2013 12:46pm)m_101 Wrote:  Stradyox I didn't know that - learn something new every day.
Ashamed to say I didn't even think of tyre pressures even though I check mine just about every fill up!

Had a few Haldex cars now in different forms, as suggested I’ve found tyre pressures can account for quite a lot. Definitely good advice to get them checked over.
01-12-2013 01:18am