Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
4 Months from Order to Delivery
BTS18

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery

(10-02-2012 06:00pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  How late could you cancel, though, before you lost your deposit?

I questioned that too. I was told they would return the deposit even if the car arrived in the showroom. They have no problem selling them, and spend much of their time telling prospective buyers that the display models are not for sale.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
10-02-2012 06:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
srycroft

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery

(10-02-2012 11:53am)HeyBert Wrote:  I think a lot if the delays are linked to dealer allocations (or lack of), for example, whilst my deposit was paid in August, my order only got passed to the factory in early January 2012. I appreciate that delays at the factory wil result in lower dealer allocations month by month, but there's also a bit of luck with your dealer choice.

I'm using a dealer part of a large chain, within a highly populated area - in hindsight, maybe I should have shopped around a bit to find a dealer outside of my local area. But, previous experience of buying newly launched desirable cars, such as the Audi TT, Jag XF, Mini, etc, dealers will tell you anything to get your deposit so you never know what to believe! (and some LR dealers are equally guilty of this)

I'm in Portugal. I ordered my TD4 prestige at the end of October and just got the call to say its arrived at the dealership.. three weeks early! Given that demand out here is fairly low, it seems some delays elsewhere are down to dealer allocation. Now I'm very frustrated as I have a 7.30am flight back to blighty tomorrow and I have to wait another ten days before I pick up my pride and joy!

Due Feb 28th: 5 Dr Fuji White Prestige TD4, Spirit interior, Panoramic roof
10-02-2012 11:34pm
HeyBert

4 Months from Order to Delivery

Congratulations, enjoy the new car!

Range Rover Evoque Pure 5DR TD4 Manual - Firenze Red, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Front Fogs, Privacy Glass
11-02-2012 12:07am