Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4 Months from Order to Delivery (Hopefully!)
maccauk

4 Months from Order to Delivery (Hopefully!)

Just got a call from my dealer, car built and called from factory and should be delivered to the dealership end of this week.

Placed the order 18/11/11 - originally told sometime in May, then mid April give or take a week and now should have it sometime next week.

Looking at the leadtimes others have posted in the UK, I clearly have been lucky with this dealer. I also mentioned the shadow alloy delivery issue to him, no problems as far as he is aware or heard.

SD4 Prestige with Lux Pack, Orkney Grey with Contrast Black Roof and style 7 alloys, Vibe interior

So far so good ....
05-03-2012 05:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broady43

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery (Hopefully!)

Thats great news,I ordered just after you and my date moved back from May to April.You never know after hearing your news mine might come forward even more!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
05-03-2012 06:06pm
The Valeter

(05-03-2012 05:48pm)maccauk Wrote:  Just got a call from my dealer, car built and called from factory and should be delivered to the dealership end of this week.

Placed the order 18/11/11 - originally told sometime in May, then mid April give or take a week and now should have it sometime next week.

Looking at the leadtimes others have posted in the UK, I clearly have been lucky with this dealer. I also mentioned the shadow alloy delivery issue to him, no problems as far as he is aware or heard.

SD4 Prestige with Lux Pack, Orkney Grey with Contrast Black Roof and style 7 alloys, Vibe interior

So far so good ....

Blimey, what dealer was that from?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
05-03-2012 06:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

I wont go with the predictable "wtf" post...
So have this one instead...

Congratulations and well done Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
05-03-2012 06:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(05-03-2012 06:41pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I wont go with the predictable "wtf" post...
So have this one instead...

Congratulations and well done Very Happy

Rolling with Laughter

I am with you RacingSnake!!

(05-03-2012 05:48pm)maccauk Wrote:  I also mentioned the shadow alloy delivery issue to him, no problems as far as he is aware or heard.

So far so good ....

Does he know what day it is?? I would be wary of anything this guy said in view of that remark!!

Hope all goes well!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 08:09pm by THEMACS.)
05-03-2012 07:43pm
maccauk

(05-03-2012 07:43pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Rolling with Laughter

I am with you RacingSnake!!

Does he know what day it is?? I would be wary of anything this guy said in view of that remark!!

Hope all goes well!!

I never forget waiting for a BMW for about 6 months with it finally arriving in the wrong shade of grey - I was not a happy bunny. I don't want a repeat of that experience.

Order placed with Guy Salmon Maidstone - bought a few cars from them in the past, mainly as they are my nearest dealership
05-03-2012 08:55pm