Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3-door or 5-door Evoque?
bogstomper

RE: 3-door or 5-door Evoque?

It's a tough question to answer as only you really know what your various needs are most of the time - I chose a coupe as I only have occasional need for more than two seats and I like the way it looks. The seat movement isn't that fast but (without having timed it Wink ) I don't think much different to the Audi coupe I had previously. Good luck with your choice
29-10-2011 06:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

Hi Nate - welcome to the forum. Some fantastic people and knowledge here. And the odd joke that's in poor taste Wink I am sending my best wishes to your fellow Thai people after the flooding disaster.

I think your best approach is seeing the 3 door/5 door Evoques in the flesh. Many of us would agree that the coupe might have the slight edge in eye-catching design, but have you ever had a coupe? Did you find the doors were heavier, with the occasional need by the front seat passenger to try closing the door a second time after a failed first attempt. And the whole climbing into the rear is a pain in the butt, especially if it's raining or if the passenger is elderly! If you only take the occasional passenger and they are clambering to get into the rear - whatever you do, don't get the Evoque with the red/black bucket look-a-like rear seats! I think they look unattractive and all the seams are hideous. That is my lady opinion of the Evoque's worst design element.
Of course, if I was someone you had offered a ride to I would be grateful for a ride and be excited that it was in the new Evoque, but then seeing those seats ......

When I bought my coupes of course I didn't think about passengers (no kids either). It was more about my desire for form and performance. If the Evoque coupe had extra HP then that would have been the dilemma for me!
In the end, voting for the 5 door was easy for me - it still looks hot, admirers and odd passengers won't get to experience any of the negatives of the coupe version and it's cheaper here! Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
29-10-2011 07:01pm
bell-auto-services

I to Originally opted for the Copupe in white and also ordered a 5 door, ive eventually only taken the 5 door as praticality of getting in the back for my kids and passengers was an issue for me.

i do here in the grape vine though im not sure when that a 2nd generation Evoque is coming out with twin stage seat speeds and a few other extra features that have be learned from customer feedback.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
29-10-2011 08:17pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nate

Wow amazing responses! Thanks again! Unfortunately, the floods have reached some areas of inner Bangkok now, so i'm not sure if I will get to look at the cars tomorrow.. fingers crossed that the flood management teams can keep it under control!
30-10-2011 02:01pm
nishandf

Definitely Coupe if you have occasional rear seat passengers.
30-10-2011 03:16pm