Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
2x Evoque v 2x FFRR
PhilSkill

RE: 2x Evoque v 2x FFRR

Nice write up guys! go go Evoque!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-10-2011 11:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

Mark, I don't know how this will change my delivery date, I'm not worried as I already have one to play with just now and am well set up for the bad winter that's said to be on it's way....again!!!
Also the differences between any LR product and a Porker 4x4 are vast, the Porker may well have the edge performance wise, but, it will be left way behind in any rough or snowy conditions and so the LR will always be the better all rounder; just as countless comparisons have proven time and time again.

Tim, thanks for the additional comparisons and observations, I wholeheartedly agree with all you write, albeit I would be happy to drive 500+ miles in my Si4, as I felt at Motorway speeds it quietened down just like the SD4 does once you're at a constant speed. I will be very interested to drive the next generation FFRR with it's Magneride & I very much hope it is as entertaining & capable as the brilliant Evoque!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2011 11:36am by Spiderman.)
13-10-2011 11:28am
mark_n

[size=x-small]You'll be able to point me at comparisons between the FFRR and the Cayenne - but even if the FFRR is better off road, the Cayenne will be better on road judging by your negative comments about the FFRR here. I will be surprised if the Cajun will be much good off road at all.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2011 12:10pm by mark_n.)
13-10-2011 12:07pm
Spiderman

(13-10-2011 12:07pm)mark_n Wrote:  [size=x-small]You'll be able to point me at comparisons between the FFRR and the Cayenne - but even if the FFRR is better off road, the Cayenne will be better on road judging by your negative comments about the FFRR here. I will be surprised if the Cajun will be much good off road at all.

The FFRR and the Cayenne are set up for different purposes, the FFRR is a highly capable all rounder more biased to off-road and long haul journeys than the Cayenne's sportier capabilities, that model should be more compared to the RRS IMO and please don't get me wrong my 4.2 FFRR Supercharged is still immense fun if you enjoy it for what it is, but, as the Evoque is smaller, it is also a more nimble and focussed 4x4 to enjoy & I too would imagine the Cajun will be as useless off road as it's bigger brother!

13-10-2011 12:19pm
vinda

Thanks to spiderman and rim. Great write up. Better than most fifth gear/top gear like reviews. Ru sure u are not the stig and clarkson in disguise.
13-10-2011 12:42pm
Spiderman

Vinda, some say, some say!!! Very Happy

(This post was last modified: 13-10-2011 07:46pm by Spiderman.)
13-10-2011 07:44pm
hybris

Test a BMW X5M or X6M if you want performance SUV! Wink They are sick!
My alternative to the Evoque was and still is a BMW X6 LCI (facelift) with the 5.0d engine. Will be in the market this spring. Tri-turbo diesel. With the performance package and in white they are actually real lookers.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2011 09:28pm by hybris.)
13-10-2011 09:25pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you rate these BMW's so highly, why did you ever consider the smaller, apparently less capable Evoque Hybris? If I had wanted a BMW I would not have ordered an Evoque, a car which cannot in it's life compete with a M type BMW or a Triturbo 6 cylinder X6

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2011 09:37pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-10-2011 09:35pm
hybris

The looks! The looks! And the looks! Have to admit! If I could spec a BMW engine under the hood I would! Wink But the Ford engine is "ok". The Evoque is a more comfortable car than a BMW. So looks and comfort is why I go for the Evoque at the moment. Still have a BMW 1-serie convertible so I will survive when I sill the X5. But now its all about delivery date. If the fail me on this Im back to continue my 10 years+ BMW all in track record. Wink Still not bailing out but close...

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
13-10-2011 09:41pm
vinda

(13-10-2011 07:44pm)Spiderman Wrote:  Vinda, some say, some say!!! Very Happy

Haha. Chuckle chuckle. I'm hoping my dealer will let me on an extended test drive in the si4. Well extended as abit longer than the usual route they want you to take. After reading yours and rims opinions I have itchy fingers?!?!
13-10-2011 10:17pm