Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
2x Evoque v 2x FFRR
vision*R

RE: 2x Evoque v 2x FFRR

(17-10-2011 12:48pm)FFRR Wrote:  Leather is already 'puddling' here
This seems to be a feature rather than a defect. I've seen this in almost every Evoque interior.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
17-10-2011 01:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

Not the dynamic interior though.
17-10-2011 01:08pm
vision*R

It seems to happen in Dynamics as well...

[Image: 38-2012-range-rover-evoque-fd.jpg?type=w2]

[Image: 2012-land-rover-range-rover-evoque-rear-...pg?type=w2]

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2011 01:26pm by vision*R.)
17-10-2011 01:23pm
Spiderman

Whilst your comments are in part relevant FFRR, may I suggest you test drive an Evoque and then make a more educated appraisal, as the ride difference between the FFRR & Evoque is truly remarkable, the FFRR is an antique by comparison & as they are from opposite ends of the LR scale they fulfil different briefs, however, in reality I do not think we should really be comparing them at all as that's like comparing a F1 racer with a GT tourer or vice versa, but it was an interesting exercise to carry out & hence this thread.

BTW, the leather look dash is not leather look, it was always to be recycled materials as it is a USP for LR, the whole car has a greater recycle ability which was to change perceptions of modern day 4x4s and so appeal to a wider target audience. Although, I agree a whole leather interior would have been/looked better as standard on the Dynamic model, however, LR set the pricing of the Prestige and Dynamic the same & considering the differences between the models they do offer a vast array of choices never previously seen on a RR product.

I have a FFRR 4.2 Vogue SE Supercharged & I absolutely adore FFRR's and all they stand for, my wife has a very capable FL2 HSE & now I have added a 5 door Evoque SD4 & currently have on loan a new FFRR 5.0 Autobiography Supercharged as I am thinking about replacing my current FFRR, as it still very much has it's place for me as an on & off-road workhorse in the countryside. I have recently sold a 3.6TDv8 RRS and a Disco3 so I think I'm fairly well experienced in LR products to give an educated appraisal; as is Tim, as we have driven and owned just about every LR product between us since the 70's.

BTW 0-60 in the 2.2 SD4 is 8 seconds dead & in the 2.0 Si4 it's 7.1 & it is every bit as quick as my FFRR 4.2 upto & thereafter, but the Evoque is more nimble and therefore is more exciting to drive and it feels much, much more stable & safer too I add, whether quickly or slow!

In my 4.2 I achieve an average of circa 12mpg, in the Si4 this was 23mpg, almost double. In my SD4 its 28mpg, but thats hardly surprising as I only do short or cross country runs in it. The Evoque is a far, far better ride, way more comfortable than a FFRR, the only downsides for me v's the FFRR are off-road ground clearance and the lack of a higher command view, but, one thing I've discovered is that I now know why they put armrests in the FFRR and that's to save you sliding into the other seat when going through the twisties or when bouncing about off-road as their front seats have an appalling lack of lateral support when compared to the Evoques & this probably goes some way to explain the difference of finish to the seating as it is far easier to cover the slab straight edged seating of a FFRR than the sportier seats of the Evoque with it's added lateral supporting curves, albeit some other manufacturers do this better I will admit. My Dynamics seating is flawless, not ripples, no puddling, in fact it's every bit as tight as my FFRRs.

The Evoque is a remarkable LR product, which will receive an engine upgrade at some point and when it does I will be at the front of the queue for sure as it's handling & drive capabilies over any other LR product are amazing & it could easily take another 100bhp for sure and it would be all the better for it IMO.

I also have a deposit down for the next FFRR as I have a requirement for a LR product of this size and off-road capability, so Im not now anti-FFRR, its just the Evoque has moved the game on at LR so much that our existing FFRRs are relegated dinosaurs now & I sincerely hope the Evoques, style, handling and overall brilliant capabilities truly translate well into the next generation FFRR with all its capabilities too as then LR will have another World Beater on their hands!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2011 01:51pm by Spiderman.)
17-10-2011 01:33pm
DynamicRRV

Ditto
17-10-2011 04:13pm