Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2017 Evoque
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 2017 Evoque

If you are keeping the car outside on the drive then I can really really recommend the heated steering wheel - it's much better at making you feel warm early in the morning than the heated seats, and it isn't that costly.
Pity Evoque doesn't have the option of Park Heating as that is even better but also >£1000 as an option on RRSport!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 09:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-12-2016 09:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
imthebest20

I'm just about to order a new one and the parking heater is now including on the HSE Lux via the smart phone app.

However one thing I still cannot see even though it lists it on the LR website on the comparison page is adaptive cruise. Does anyone know is this is a misprint or have they finally added it as an option?
06-02-2017 01:56pm
syl

It's an option with a hefty price tag (about £1.3k). I have it.

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
06-02-2017 09:06pm
imthebest20

2017 Evoque

(06-02-2017 09:06pm)syl Wrote:  It's an option with a hefty price tag (about £1.3k). I have it.

Worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-02-2017 09:32pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There have been problems with the forward facing cam on cars with the adaptive cruise and it isn't just Evoques, RRS has had problems too. The other thing is if you do a lot of motorway miles then in snow in the winter the cam and the detector get blocked and you won't have any cruise control at all, there is not default to more traditional cruise when adaptive won't work. I've had cars with it, but not the current version with smart breaking etc, the forward alert saved my life in thick fog when it detected an unlit trailer being pulled by an unlit tractor in front of me and the warning light flashed so I slowed to a crawl........... until I saw about 20 feet in front of me a dull rear end of the trailer....
Apart from that I would say still with the conventional cruise for year round use.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-02-2017 07:55pm
Trapdoor

I have Adaptive Cruise on my Autobiography and agree with Tim about the issues - mine was in just over a week ago due to ACC, the Intelligent Emergency Braking, Forward Alert and the Auto headlights going fritz ... required a new camera module to be fitted.

For me, it is a massively worthwhile option and I use it almost every time I go out in it - not just for motorway driving but I use it in 'follow mode' on A roads too - just 'latch onto' the car in front, set the follow distance and off you go. It will happily pull up at traffic lights, roundabouts (so long as there is a car in front!) and all that is required if it drives you to a stop is to touch the accelerator when the car in front moves off and it will just carry on following ... absolutely love it.

Mrs T had it on her Toyota and it would drop out in heavy rain - so far the ACC hasn't dropped out on the Evoque yet, not in heavy rain, light snow or fog, so I'm pretty impressed (failure excepted).

ACC is pretty pointless for the school run ... if you use the car for 'journeys' then well worth it, and if for a small number of days per year I can't use it, small price to pay. Conventional Cruise Control such as I had in my MY13 I hardly ever used because no sooner had you put it on, some twat would pull out in front, or you'd rapidly gain on the car in front but not doing quite enough speed to fit into lane 3 ... more of a PITA than useful.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2017 09:12pm by Trapdoor.)
07-02-2017 09:12pm
imthebest20

(07-02-2017 09:12pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  I have Adaptive Cruise on my Autobiography and agree with Tim about the issues - mine was in just over a week ago due to ACC, the Intelligent Emergency Braking, Forward Alert and the Auto headlights going fritz ... required a new camera module to be fitted.

For me, it is a massively worthwhile option and I use it almost every time I go out in it - not just for motorway driving but I use it in 'follow mode' on A roads too - just 'latch onto' the car in front, set the follow distance and off you go. It will happily pull up at traffic lights, roundabouts (so long as there is a car in front!) and all that is required if it drives you to a stop is to touch the accelerator when the car in front moves off and it will just carry on following ... absolutely love it.

Mrs T had it on her Toyota and it would drop out in heavy rain - so far the ACC hasn't dropped out on the Evoque yet, not in heavy rain, light snow or fog, so I'm pretty impressed (failure excepted).

ACC is pretty pointless for the school run ... if you use the car for 'journeys' then well worth it, and if for a small number of days per year I can't use it, small price to pay. Conventional Cruise Control such as I had in my MY13 I hardly ever used because no sooner had you put it on, some twat would pull out in front, or you'd rapidly gain on the car in front but not doing quite enough speed to fit into lane 3 ... more of a PITA than useful.

Yes I'm in a very similar situation to you. I don't do any town/school runs all mine and A roads and a bit of motorway and from you decribes it sounds excellent, latching onto another car, set the cruise at 60mph and (hopefully) when you come into a 30/40 the car in front will slow to the correct speed and you will follow.

The only problem I have just realised is that it's only available on the autobiography which in theory is fine however I wanted to order a black metallic with the black pack which is not available on the autobiography. Unless the dealers can manually request it.
07-02-2017 11:48pm
Trapdoor

The 'graphite pack' certainly was available on the Autobiography when I ordered mine - perhaps not now?

Alternative is to get the dealer to do a bespoke paint job but I was warned about this (not that it interested me) as it could hit p/ex value when you come to sell.

For me, not fond on the black packs and with the silver highlights on the Autobiography I feel it would look out of place.

As an alternative, I believe the Si4 can be specified in HSE with ACC

Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
08-02-2017 06:33pm
syl

But you can't get the graphite pack with black paint. What highlights - I think they get replaced too?

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2017 07:34pm by syl.)
08-02-2017 07:33pm
Trapdoor

(08-02-2017 07:33pm)syl Wrote:  But you can't get the graphite pack with black paint. What highlights - I think they get replaced too?

See, shows how much interest I took in it ... I'd never fork out for something like that as I can't see it or benefit from it sitting in the car Laughing

08-02-2017 08:20pm