Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2016 Evoque facelift
Edmonton170

2016 Evoque facelift

Hi

I know this has been covered but we are now mid way into March and wondering if anyone has been updated to the change over date to the new model?

My evoque pure tech coupe is being delivered 2/10/15 and hoping this is late enough to catch the new design & engines? It hasn't been built yet and the third party has not had any confirmation on facelift from the dealer either. I believe the new bumper makes the black trim on pure/pure tech models look better! If you go to the lamdrover.com website and not .co.uk you can view the new model along with the new names, SE etc will the pure tech now be known as the SE model?

Oh, I have ordered in corris grey also! Any one have coupe corris grey pure tech pictures? Smile I have only seen 5 door!

Thanks!
15-03-2015 04:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spookball

RE: 2016 Evoque facelift

This link has the most detail I have seen. My friend was at the JLR dealers yesterday and was told the first versions would be in Sept. I've heard similar and different dates from July this year. If you are having to wait until Oct then I'd ask to make sure it was a MY16 unless you prefer the MY15. Good luck whatever you choose.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/range...new-169256

Brought home on the 27th of March 2015

SD4 Pure Tech, Santorini black, Panoramic roof, folding mirrors, fog lights.
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2015 05:06pm by Spookball.)
15-03-2015 05:03pm
Edmonton170

Thank you, yes the new facelift is fresher and also meaner looking so definitely wanting the MY2016. Sounds like I have timed it spot on as long as they haven't started building it!
15-03-2015 05:58pm
Spookball

(15-03-2015 05:58pm)Edmonton170 Wrote:  Thank you, yes the new facelift is fresher and also meaner looking so definitely wanting the MY2016. Sounds like I have timed it spot on as long as they haven't started building it!

I have to say that the article has been well marketed towards to new model, I think if they had compared a Fuji in both models with the same size wheels (2016 seems to have larger wheels when you look at the space between the arch and wheel) then there might not be as noticeable a difference.

Other things to note I think are that the mesh type grill is only going to be on the dynamic so will probably be an extra on the pure as will the led lights I'd imagine as they are just now. The enigines will also be new so who knows how they will be to start out with and I believe that the current SD4 has 10 more horses than the new ones. I'm sure someone will be able to confirm if any of this is true.

I personally can't wait until next weekend to take delivery of my new MY2015 but wish you all the best for Oct.

Brought home on the 27th of March 2015

SD4 Pure Tech, Santorini black, Panoramic roof, folding mirrors, fog lights.
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2015 10:01pm by Spookball.)
15-03-2015 09:43pm
Edmonton170

All the best with yours next weekend! Yes there's not s huge difference same colour comparison would have been better. Let me know if you hear anything in the meantime?! thanks
15-03-2015 11:33pm
Edmonton170

Just had this confirmation for anyone interested.

Hello,

Thank you for your message. These are scheduled for delivery commencing August 2015 in the UK market.

Kind regards,

Land Rover UK
16-03-2015 04:24pm
Evoqueen

I've seen the changed shape of the side-view mirrors. I cannot tell, from photos, is there still a turn signal on MY 2016 mirrors?

2016 Evoque HSE Dynamic, Santorini Black with Cirrus Grey interior, coated in Ceramic Pro 9H Very Happy
29-05-2015 01:48am
walterwindbag

(15-03-2015 04:40pm)Edmonton170 Wrote:  Hi

I know this has been covered but we are now mid way into March and wondering if anyone has been updated to the change over date to the new model?

My evoque pure tech coupe is being delivered 2/10/15 and hoping this is late enough to catch the new design & engines? It hasn't been built yet and the third party has not had any confirmation on facelift from the dealer either. I believe the new bumper makes the black trim on pure/pure tech models look better! If you go to the lamdrover.com website and not .co.uk you can view the new model along with the new names, SE etc will the pure tech now be known as the SE model?

Oh, I have ordered in corris grey also! Any one have coupe corris grey pure tech pictures? Smile I have only seen 5 door!

Thanks!

My Pure Tech Coupe which was ordered by me in March for Sep delivery has been pushed back to the MY16 build; it will now be an SE Tech. Because I ordered in March the price has been held to the original order price. Not long ago LRCS said on the forum that MY16 5 door models were going into build for delivery from Sep 1st onwards but Coupes and Autobiographies were not going to be started until year end for Jan 2016 delivery. They are built in smaller batches because we are special (needs!).
Yesterday I was contacted by my dealer to say that the JLR 'call' for Coupes had now been pulled forward and they are predicting delivery for mine in November (this year Smile)
If I were to make a wild guess I would say you may be in the same boat. I would put money on Nov and if you paid your deposit before April 1st you should get a better car for the same money - but I'm just guessing.
Best regards
Walt

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
29-05-2015 09:18am
AndyFrance

Hi Walt,

I don't want to spoil your party, but unless I'm mistaken or LR are going to give you a free upgrade, you're going to get the standard 80w audio system for MY16 instead of the 380w Meridian. The 380w is now a £600 option for SE Tech.

If that's correct, then it's a bit of a swizz in my book.

Best
Andy
29-05-2015 09:36am
walterwindbag

(29-05-2015 09:36am)AndyFrance Wrote:  Hi Walt,

I don't want to spoil your party, but unless I'm mistaken or LR are going to give you a free upgrade, you're going to get the standard 80w audio system for MY16 instead of the 380w Meridian. The 380w is now a £600 option for SE Tech.

If that's correct, then it's a bit of a swizz in my book.

Best
Andy

Hi Andy, I know that - Grrrrrr. My main concern is maintaining a facility to plug in a stick with MP3/WMA downloads. I'm not too bothered about the missing 300w or even the Sub but I needs my own music. Can I do that do you know?
I have offered to pay the extra for 12 way memory seats (£590) if they will chuck in the stereo upgrade for free - I haven't heard back on that yet.
What I will be enjoying of course is the extra mpg, about £900 worth of Zenon lights, 'free' folding mirrors, autonomous braking, lane monitoring, DRLS at both ends etc. etc.
If the worst comes to the worst I might have to nix the seat upgrade and pay for the radio/nav upgrade instead. I still feel I'm getting the best on the deal (and I've managed to hang on to the privilege discount - but don't tell anybody else) Whistle
Cheers
Walt

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 01:03pm by walterwindbag.)
29-05-2015 12:59pm