Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2016 Evoque facelift
AndyFrance

RE: 2016 Evoque facelift

Good luck with the free upgrade Walt, but I'm with you, it's not really a deal breaker + would LR put a crap audio in an Evoque?.......Hell, yes!!!!!

I'm certain your delivery will be before mine. Apart from the extra bhp and the auto box, the motor will be the same as my order. That sounds a bit stupid, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at. If it's not too much of a chore, I'd really appreciate you posting your thought's about the Ingenium and driving experience etc. It'll give me an insight into what to expect from mine...........If JLR France ever get round to delivering it!

All the best Walt!

Andy
29-05-2015 01:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
walterwindbag

(29-05-2015 01:16pm)AndyFrance Wrote:  Good luck with the free upgrade Walt, but I'm with you, it's not really a deal breaker + would LR put a crap audio in an Evoque?.......Hell, yes!!!!!

I'm certain your delivery will be before mine. Apart from the extra bhp and the auto box, the motor will be the same as my order. That sounds a bit stupid, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at. If it's not too much of a chore, I'd really appreciate you posting your thought's about the Ingenium and driving experience etc. It'll give me an insight into what to expect from mine...........If JLR France ever get round to delivering it!

All the best Walt!

Andy

No problemo. I can post a review when I get it of course - but:- It's still 6 months away! It'll be my first Evoque so I won't really have much to compare it to (I ordered mine before I even test drove one).
I was really impressed on my 20 minute test drive but my main concern was getting the chaperone to put my stick in the hole and dial up the music before we left the car park. Believe me if that music hadn't worked I'd have had second thoughts. Silly I know - but decisions about £35K cars have hinged on less.
My abiding impressions of the test drive were how smooth the 9 speed auto was, how it went like $hit off a shovel when it kicked down and how marvellous the driving position and presence was. My last RR was a vogue 3.9 auto back in the 90s and this seemed just as good.
I'm sure (like 99% of punters on this site) that my off-roading excursions will be limited to moving over on the country lanes where I live and also that the extra power will be just in case. What's costing me the big chunks of money over base is the AWD, the higher power and the auto-box but it is the first and last brand new car I will ever buy and you're a long time dead.
So.... fingers and legs crossed on the negotiations. Car due in November and I retire on Dec 1st. Doesn't get much better than that!
BR
Bob

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
01-06-2015 09:19am
Westy

Followed the new facelift evoque down the m40 from gay don going south

New headlights look great, small discreet changes to freshen it up, this was a 3 door coupe, note the new roof aerial with two fins

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
28-06-2015 08:44pm
walterwindbag

I am advised today by my BFF at the dealer (Sytner/Salmon) that they are not expecting showroom MY16 models until the end of August (this year!)
Walt.

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
07-08-2015 09:56am
RacingSnake

Our local dealer has had a facelift model in for a good few months.
They weren't allowed to show it to the public though.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
07-08-2015 10:31am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
walterwindbag

Bar Stewards.

07-08-2015 03:07pm
crown62

Righ now in showrooms and orders being placed, has anyone like me who already is an Evoque owner trading to a MY16 got any sort of discount or incentive ( free option)

Current : 2012 Si4 Firenze red Dynamic 5 door black pano roof
Lotus 2013 Elise S3
2014 Hyundai i10
For 2016 ?
07-09-2015 08:20pm
Stadt Panzer

Had a look at the MY16 model today. The one I was looking at had the two fins on the roof, not really that nice, but was happy to hear that you only get one if you don't opt for the Wifi option, which is something I wouldn't want anyway. Like the new Grey, it would look amazing with the Black Pack!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
08-09-2015 07:03pm