Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2014 Pure- Navigation woes
temur

2014 Pure- Navigation woes

Hello forum.

In Singapore and have placed an order for an existing stock MY'14 Evoque Pure in Zanzibar Very Happy
There is no Pure Tech trim offered here, hence all Pures come without in-dash nav and reverse camera, not even an electric tailgate :/

Is there absolutely anything I can do to add navigation+reverse cam to the ICE?
Will the new InControl Apps be compatible with pre-2015 cars, maybe via a firmware update? That could fix at least one of my problems.
My order has been placed on the condition that JLR's local software guys who retrofit navigation software on non-navi head units will be able to (officially) add Navigation by August, failing which my entire deposit will be fully refunded. Hope that won't the case as I'm madly in love with Zanzibar Sad

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
23-06-2014 08:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 2014 Pure- Navigation woes

From a fellow Zanzibar owner - I have it on good authority from LRCS in the UK that my 2014MY In Control will not be up-gradable to 2015 In-Control systems.......... but this is typical shortsighted Land Rover. Regarding the Nav, you are just as well off with a Tom-Tom as it may be that LR don't have access to mapping for Singapore through navteq software. There are other posts here about retro fitting reversing cams but if the head unit in your car cannot play DvD's then you may not have a Video In socket that the cam needs.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-06-2014 09:38am
temur

RE: 2014 Pure- Navigation woes

(23-06-2014 09:38am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  From a fellow Zanzibar owner - I have it on good authority from LRCS in the UK that my 2014MY In Control will not be up-gradable to 2015 In-Control systems.......... but this is typical shortsighted Land Rover. Regarding the Nav, you are just as well off with a Tom-Tom as it may be that LR don't have access to mapping for Singapore through navteq software. There are other posts here about retro fitting reversing cams but if the head unit in your car cannot play DvD's then you may not have a Video In socket that the cam needs.

Sad to hear InControl won't be upgraded if what you say is true. Would've been a kickass solution.

The HU can definitely play DVDs. That I know for a fact. So the rear cam is the least of my concerns at the moment.
Assuming LR does have Singapore maps through NAVTEQ (I'm quite sure they do as they've retrofitted on the Disco2 before), what are my options for nav?
23-06-2014 10:08am