Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19/20 in wheels on a dynamic
Craig_d1

19/20 in wheels on a dynamic

Was wondering if anyone specced a dynamic with 19in wheels? Am considering it as 19inch wheels should hold up better offroading to some extent, and hopefully wear better also.
My memory is beginning to fade from my test drive also. Anyone test drive cars with both wheel sizes and same setup(ie both AD or both standard setup). Any noticeable difference in ride quality?
03-10-2011 10:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

RE: 19/20 in wheels on a dynamic

IMHO the Dynamic just has to have the 20"s to carry off the whole persona of the vehicles styling.
03-10-2011 10:47am
Craig_d1

Just sopke to my dealer and he said for £390 will cover the cost of punctures in tyres and refurbing the alloys(5 times) over 3 yrs. Sounds ok value to me. he said if I downgrade the alloys I couldn't use to price differnce to get anything else(was thinking of getting contrasting pano roof if i got a credit for 19 in alloys).
so guess sticking with 20in wheels. Still curious about ride quality though, if anyone has tested them side by side. LR dealer said 19in wheels were better(his personal opinion)
03-10-2011 11:03am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

19" wheels are better for off road use (18's would be better still!) because to get the rolling radius the same you need more sidewall = less likelihood of scuffed alloys, however if you venture into deep ruts or deep mud you will still get marking of the alloys. So far none of the folks I have spoken to seems to know if off road damage is covered by wheel & Tyre insurance.
I took my Evoque on a gentle off road drive that had deeper ruts than I expected, no damage to the alloys off road, scuffed the front nearside one pulling up outside the village shop to buy my sarnies for lunch though!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-10-2011 12:45pm