Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10 Most Beautiful Cars in the World
markdartj

10 Most Beautiful Cars in the World

So I was thumbing through my latest issue of Road & Track magazine. The cover article was "the Ten Most Beautiful Cars in the World" with a picture of the new Ford GT which will compete at LeMans next year. When I get to the article, there is another picture of the GT. Then I flip the page. At the top is the Jaguar F type R. Nobody can argue about that choice. Guess what I saw below that picture? You're right; the Range Rover Evoque. Our car! On a list that includes the Ford GT, the Bentley Speed Eight LeMans Prototype, the Porsche 918 Spyder, Ferrari P4/5 Competizione, the Alpha Romeo 8 C Competizione, amid others which are debatable (cough cough Cadillac station wagon cough cough). I would imagine that our car is the "least costly" among such fellow beautiful cars. Check it out in the September issue of Road & Track.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 05:01pm by markdartj.)
02-08-2015 05:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: 10 Most Beautiful Cars in the World

Well i for one am not surprised by that.....when judged, the Evoque was, is, and always will be a killer design in every aspect.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 01:33am by benzina.)
03-08-2015 01:32am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evoque has always been able to hold it's own with even the most exalted company. I saw this lot parked outside the Dorchester Hotel on Park Lane in London a couple of years ago. All the cars belonged to the Saudi Royal Family.
[Image: image~16.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-08-2015 10:37am
Clip

I'd agree with that too.
Had an interesting talk the other day about masculine / feminine form in design. I mentioned that the Evoque has been labelled as 'pretty', but they argued that from a design point, it is perhaps more masculine by western concepts of gender and gender stereotypes. As an example, they compared it to the Porche Mecan. The Mecan has more softly rounded, curvacious and argaubly volumtuous lines- the feminine. By contrast, the Evoque has sharper, chisseled design features and sits wide invoking a more 'broad-shouldered' stance, - the masculine rather than the feminine form. They had lots of other examples and was really quite interesting thinking about why manufactures make decisions about designs of new models in this regard. And how sometimes they can get it so wrong (e.g. Bugatti Veyron - but that's just my opinion).
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 01:47pm by Clip.)
03-08-2015 01:42pm
markdartj

Clip, that's interesting. I've always thought the RRE tends to be more on the masculine side, although around here, most men are buying them for their wives to drive; whilst they prefer big old macho pick up trucks. Regarding the choices in the magazine, I felt the inclusion of the Cadillac kind of "fouled the patch" a bit. Of course, different tastes for different folk, and all that....

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 04:02pm by markdartj.)
03-08-2015 04:01pm
benzina

You see, the thing is these days, woman actually want something that looks masculine and macho, and that is why they are attracted to owning & driving it. There is no two ways about it, the Evoque is a masculine designed car.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2015 01:42am by benzina.)
04-08-2015 09:53am
Clip

They also highlighted some of the more obvious designs that either consciously or unconsciously get their design cues from female anatomy e.g. the front grill design on Alfa Romeos, the Bugatti and others, all of which are reminiscent of the original Subaru Tribecca - and I think we all remember what they were nick-named. Are most people, or most men, or most women, or particular groups of people from particular demographics more drawn to representations such as this? If so, why? I'm sure at the end of the day it all comes down to one thing - I'm pretty sure Freud would be able to explain it.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 01:41pm by Clip.)
04-08-2015 01:37pm