Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order in - managed to get discount
chapmac

Order in - managed to get discount

Hi all - first time poster here although I have been lurking for a while.

Just placed my order for an ED4 pure tech, thought I would let other would-be purchasers that I have managed to get a discount from my local dealer. Also part exchanged my old car and managed to get a good valuation too. All in all I managed to get just on 5% discount off the top off the car and an on-the-nose trade part ex valuation for my A6 (which was £800 more than they originally offered). Had to work pretty hard for it though and had to quote drivethedeal.com and phone another dealer too. However, I'm pretty happy with that, plus the salesman tipped me off about the new 5-year servicing plan, which at the time wasn't announced. This help to make my mind up - it will cut the cost of ownership considerably, especially moving from the Audi where servicing is only every 2 years.

I have a build date of 2nd week of June, so I am assuming that demand is softening and tipping the balance a little in favour of the buyer.

Best wishes,

Dom.

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
07-05-2013 10:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kojak

RE: Order in - managed to get discount

Congrats !!!

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
07-05-2013 10:23pm
LaserTam

Hi Dom - similar position here. I too managed a discount, only 3% though, but I was happy. But the delivery date is a bit longer for me. I too got offered the servicing deal, which seemed like a no brainer to me. What spec and colour?

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
08-05-2013 06:27am
chapmac

Gone for Santorini Black ED4 5-door with pano roof, privacy glass, front fogs and ebony headlining. Hoping to be a LR convert after 10 years in various Audis.

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
08-05-2013 07:08am
LaserTam

Spooky - almost the same as my order.

I am not sure I am going to be able to wait till July, seems a long way off at the moment.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
08-05-2013 07:48am
musher

Dom, what's this five year servicing plan and how much does it cost, plus do you know if you can purchase it on a 1 year old RRE?

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
08-05-2013 08:26am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Bet your dealers didn't tell you that in August/ September the 2014 model year will come on stream............... You might be lucky and get an early 2014MY but more likely you will get a run out 2013 car. Biggest spec change will not be of consequence to you as it applies to the automatic gearbox

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 08:35am by XFullFatTim.)
08-05-2013 08:30am
chapmac

Musher - 5 years or 60K miles for £499. Given the cost of service plans I have seen on this and other forums its a good £1000-£1500 less than before. Ideal for me as I plan to keep the car that length of time. It's a Land Rover rather than dealer initiative, presumably to respond to similar programmes by other premium brands. It's only just been announced but doesn't seem to be that well publicised with deler websites gradually being updated. Here a link:

http://www.westovergroup.co.uk/landrover...rvice-pack

Looks like you can purchase it if your car is less than 90 days old.

08-05-2013 08:43am
RacingSnake

£499, jeez, I paid just under £400 for the first service alone Sad

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
08-05-2013 11:50am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JaneRom

Anyone know what kind of a discount I should be looking to get if I order now - Lux Prestige Auto? The new 9 speed automatic model is apparently ready to be ordered in Aug / Sept (????) and unless I get a good discount I may be tempted to wait.
20-05-2013 06:14pm