babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Boot Space - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Boot Space (/Thread-Boot-Space--9945)

Boot Space - andylee97 - 03-05-2016 03:09pm

Hello All, so I know the Evoque doesn't have the biggest boot space but I was wondering if anyone every had a issue squeezing in four 19" rims with tires in the trunk. I recently made a purchase but now I was wondering if I can pick them up. Thanks

RE: Boot Space - Steve D - 03-05-2016 03:50pm

Have they got to go in the boot space? Can't you just put the rear seat down? They'll definitely fit with the seat down.

RE: Boot Space - XFullFatTim - 03-05-2016 06:05pm

With careful packing and lowering the rear seat backs I have had 5 x 20" wheels with tyres in the back of an Evoque. You have to sit 1 on the flat, then the next with the rim up on the edge of the lower tyre with a piece of old carpet or something similar between the two as a precaution against damage to the rim. Then same again further back, I then put the 5th one on top of the first pair and lashed it down with a strap to prevent it moving and then carried them 300 miles to the buyer down the motorway. You are also wise to add some protection on top of the 5th wheel to protect the headliner if you have a light colored one, mine was ebony but I still took scuff precautions.

RE: Boot Space - Dottyflo - 03-05-2016 07:04pm

Be sure or leave the misses at home so you can seatbelt one on the front seat Laughing
I got 4 18s with tires in my freely2 boot, I know it's a little bigger but I'm sure you'll be fine with the seats down Andy