babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Sat nav update - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Sat nav update (/Thread-Sat-nav-update--9935)

Pages: 1 2

Sat nav update - fodo8 - 29-04-2016 07:39am

Hi guys , need some ideas...purchased a genuine usb sat nav update from land rover..loaded up and started to install it has got to 80% and stopped ?
It been at 80% now for 3+hrs
It says to check disk/usb and reinstall.
How do I reinstall ?

RE: Sat nav update - bee - 29-04-2016 06:39pm

(29-04-2016 07:39am)fodo8 Wrote:  Hi guys , need some ideas...purchased a genuine usb sat nav update from land rover..loaded up and started to install it has got to 80% and stopped ?
It been at 80% now for 3+hrs
It says to check disk/usb and reinstall.
How do I reinstall ?

unplug it then plug back in, it should continue from where it left off. best done while on a long trip.

RE: Sat nav update - fodo8 - 01-05-2016 07:56am

That was the first thing I have done...still no joy.
Looks like a trip to the dealer
Feeling annoyed by the whole land rover attitude

RE: Sat nav update - XFullFatTim - 01-05-2016 09:56am

IIRC this long time to update has been covered elsewhere on the forum and basically it can take up to 20 hours and several journeys to complete the update.

RE: Sat nav update - fodo8 - 01-05-2016 10:32am

Thank tim, hope your right..... fingers crossed

RE: Sat nav update - PhilSkill - 01-05-2016 08:57pm

I did mine and it takes an absolute age! Leave it in there and it should complete eventually, carrying on where it left off each time you start.

Just a pain you cant use the USB for music while it happens.

RE: Sat nav update - fodo8 - 24-05-2016 05:22pm

Update
Still stuck at 80% cars been I to main dealer had a factory reset, still no joy. Dealer has the same problem 80 % then stops. Cars been returned to me without , bluetooth, tv,cd player and sat nav.....NOT HAPPY
Waiting for land rover to come up with a fix

Sat nav update - fodo8 - 08-08-2016 01:18pm

another update
Just a quick update its still on 80% after two months and 10 days at the main dealer..... been told only option is to replace hard drive at a cost of £1600. Even tho nothing wrong with the system before land rover approved usb update
Its now in the hands of customer care land rover.

RE: Sat nav update - Sarcastrix - 08-08-2016 01:39pm

That's bad! as for £1600 for a hard drive (+coding) that's a total piss take.

... and are they 100% sure a new hard drive will fix the problem?

RE: Sat nav update - fodo8 - 08-08-2016 02:08pm

result...
just had a call from land rover customer care manager, car's been booked in for the 24th of this month for a replacement entertainment system / satnav system as the update was an approved item they are covering the full cost of the replacement....

hopefully this is an end of this.... fingers crossed, but i'll keep you all posted.