babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Random Interior Light - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Random Interior Light (/Thread-Random-Interior-Light)

Random Interior Light - Twarbi - 24-04-2016 05:57am

Hi,
I have a 2016 hse180 and am wondering if anyone can tell me what the small (7mm x 5mm) recess with light found in front of the 2 panorama roof controls is for? It seems odd that it is an unprotected hole, serves no purpose and is always on when the headlights are... I can't find any info re: this anywhere, including the manual, so I'm throwing it out to my fellow rr owners...
Any insight would be appreciated!

RE: Random Interior Light - AndyFrance - 24-04-2016 07:37am

I'm probably wrong, but I think it illuminates the gear dial/stick while driving at night. Someone is bound to correct me on this.

RE: Random Interior Light - Steve D - 24-04-2016 08:27am

Haven't actually noticed it in mine but on a Golf we once had, we had what was described as 'submarine' lighting - a subdued light that picked out various switches etc. Perhaps it's that?

RE: Random Interior Light - XFullFatTim - 24-04-2016 08:33am

In LR speak it is the "Waterfall" Lighting, it is almost invisible but is designed to illuminate the centre consol switches without flooding the cockpit with light. If you hold your hand close up under it at night with the headlights on you will see it on the palm of your hand. I thought that LR had done away with it!

RE: Random Interior Light - EarlofEltham - 24-04-2016 09:18am

its designed to provide subtle interior lighting to reduce the strain on your eyes from looking out to a lit street then into a pitch black cabin.
Its a safety feature.

RE: Random Interior Light - Twarbi - 24-04-2016 11:27am

Right then. Thanks for the heads up! How strange that there is no clear cover on it. Don't know how much safer I feel but alas one can't agree with everything LR deems to be cutting edge tech...

RE: Random Interior Light - AndyFrance - 24-04-2016 11:34am

I'm certain mine had a cover over the bulb........coloured blue I think.

Anyway, worth checking with your dealer........Good luck

Random Interior Light - Stadt Panzer - 24-04-2016 03:28pm

My BMW 5 series of many years ago had the same feature and I loved it. Was very happy to find it in my JLR products.