babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out (/Thread-Filling-up-at-station-nozzle-keeps-cutting-out)

Pages: 1 2

Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out - chrisjako - 14-03-2016 01:56pm

Both myself and wife have tried this, on her prestige MY12 model its near impossible to fill up without the safety valve in the petrol station nozzle cutting out

the only nack ive found to it is to hold it half way with the nozzle half into the tank hole

Are we doing something wrong its taking forever to fill the tank

RE: Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out - XFullFatTim - 14-03-2016 02:04pm

Is the diesel pump one of the high flow capacity type, they can cause severe blow back as they are designed for filling commercial and truck tanks quickly. Have you tried using a different location for buying fuel?

RE: Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out - chrisjako - 14-03-2016 02:33pm

(14-03-2016 02:04pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Is the diesel pump one of the high flow capacity type, they can cause severe blow back as they are designed for filling commercial and truck tanks quickly. Have you tried using a different location for buying fuel?

Yep, tried different petrol stations too same issue the blow back is causing it to cut out

RE: Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out - Dragonfly47 - 14-03-2016 06:40pm

(14-03-2016 02:33pm)chrisjako Wrote:  Yep, tried different petrol stations too same issue the blow back is causing it to cut out
It's not only the diesel pumps. In my first fill-up at the petrol pump yesterday, I had the same experience. Blow back at half full.

RE: Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out - Steve D - 14-03-2016 08:50pm

Check down the filler hole to see if the mis fuelling protection device has been tripped. If so, use that yellow plastic 'key' in the boot to reset it.

RE: Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out - Nickj - 14-03-2016 09:34pm

My nozzle dosent go in very far ( oh err missus!).

Is this normal? Or could my fuel protection device be tripped?

RE: Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out - bee - 14-03-2016 09:43pm

the nozzle doesn't go in much on the sd4 anyway, so your device has not tripped.

RE: Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out - Steve D - 15-03-2016 12:10am

I found that my mis fuelling device had been tripped the first time I went to fill it up and that was despite the dealer supplying it with a full tank of fuel!

RE: Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out - Nickj - 15-03-2016 10:08pm

Not had a chance to check mine. How is it apparent if the mis fueling device is tripped?

RE: Filling up at station, nozzle keeps cutting out - Steve D - 15-03-2016 11:30pm

Look down the filler tube. If it has been tripped, a yellow flap is visible. Like this:

[Image: image_zpshmry9r1t.jpeg]

The key to release it looks like this:

[Image: image_zpsp7rqhbgt.jpeg]