babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? (/Thread-Will-a-evoque-bonnet-fit-in-a-evoque)

Pages: 1 2

Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? - Nickj - 24-02-2016 10:10pm

Thinking about picking up a vented bonnet as a few on eBay.

Anyone know if a bonnet will fit in an evoque. I'm thinking no. Will measure up tomorrow just interested if anyone knows.

RE: Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? - Doody - 25-02-2016 01:23am

are you smokin' that mary ja wanna?

RE: Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? - jitenc - 25-02-2016 01:44am

(25-02-2016 01:23am)Doody Wrote:  are you smokin' that mary ja wanna?
LaughingLaughingLaughing

I think Nickj meant if the bonnet can fit INSIDE the Evoque rather than an Evoque bonnet fitting on the front of the car! Elementary my dear Watson. Cool

RE: Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? - wheels - 25-02-2016 03:28am

Perfect oppurtunity to install roff racks

RE: Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? - Nickj - 25-02-2016 08:06am

Lol. Yes, I did mean inside. Possibly at an angle?

Did think about roof racks. Don't really need them though so probably cheaper to hire a van for a day?

RE: Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? - shortnick - 25-02-2016 11:38am

If you want to know whether a BMW bonnet fits in an evoque, simply drive at the speed limit on any road in the UK, You'll soon have one so close to you that you can measure it!Very Happy

RE: Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? - XFullFatTim - 25-02-2016 04:59pm

You have an Evoque now? Why not take a tape measure across your existing bonnet and measure that to see if it will fit in, even cut a sheet of cardboard to size and try it..... What I would be concerned about though is the fact that it might damage the door cards or the tailgate trim / rear quarter panels inside the car with its edges. Might be worth hauling a few old duvets out of the loft/ airing cupboard or finding a roll of heavy duty bubble pack. I know that you can get 6x20" Evoque wheels in the back with the seats down if you arrange them with a lot of care but the weight on the rear seat backs does compress the leather and padding a bit but it only takes a few weeks for that to reform!

RE: Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? - meesterover - 25-02-2016 05:57pm

(25-02-2016 04:59pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You have an Evoque now? Why not take a tape measure across your existing bonnet and measure that to see if it will fit in, even cut a sheet of cardboard to size and try it..... What I would be concerned about though is the fact that it might damage the door cards or the tailgate trim / rear quarter panels inside the car with its edges. Might be worth hauling a few old duvets out of the loft/ airing cupboard or finding a roll of heavy duty bubble pack. I know that you can get 6x20" Evoque wheels in the back with the seats down if you arrange them with a lot of care but the weight on the rear seat backs does compress the leather and padding a bit but it only takes a few weeks for that to reform!

Or you could just take off your existing hood and test fit it. GoPro that too while you do it please.

RE: Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? - Nickj - 25-02-2016 08:05pm

Yup, so just measured it. Not a chance!

So roof rack, van, or cope with the fact I don't have oem bonnet vents!

RE: Will a evoque bonnet fit in a evoque??? - meesterover - 25-02-2016 08:12pm

(on a nice weather day, if those exist on that side of the pond) you could take off your hood and install the new one when you purchase it.