babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Transmission Fault - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Transmission Fault (/Thread-Transmission-Fault)

Transmission Fault - russiandl - 19-01-2016 04:34am

Hello everyone have been trying to figure out what is causing this fault. Most of the transmission gear faults I have found are people experiencing limp mode and reduced traction or some other light inconjunction. I turned my 2012 evoque on yesterday and the message reads " Transmission Fault put in P before shutting off engine" there doesn't seem to be any issue with driving it just the warning. I have tried doing both types of resets and neither seem
To clear the warning. Any thoughts or ideas..? Some say it might be a low battery issue, but it doesn't seem to be having any low battery issues i.e. Dim lighting, long start

RE: Transmission Fault - DVFlyer - 19-01-2016 03:05pm

Probably time for a visit to the dealer.

RE: Transmission Fault - wheels - 19-01-2016 05:11pm

Or why not buy an obd scanner, good to have under any curcumstances

RE: Transmission Fault - bee - 19-01-2016 07:50pm

(19-01-2016 05:11pm)wheels Wrote:  Or why not buy an obd scanner, good to have under any curcumstances

had same prob when I had a 2012 evo, a non franchised dealer did an obd check, said it was the battery,
no probs after new battery fitted. cost £170.00 ouch.

RE: Transmission Fault - Steve D - 26-03-2016 06:22pm

We've come away for the week to Shropshire. After a 210 mile journey, I went to do a U turn at the cottage we are renting and when I put it in reverse, a transmission warning flashed up on the dash and the 'R' started flashing on the gear selector display. Despite being in R, the engine just revved as if it was in neutral. I just switched it off, restarted it and everything was OK. Hasn't done it since but just wondering if it's anything to worry about - apart from local journeys over the next 5 days, we still have to get home next Friday and I could do without a breakdown halfway up (or down?) the M1. Worth calling LRA out?

RE: Transmission Fault - XFullFatTim - 27-03-2016 09:42am

Might be worth taking the car out for a run and trying to recreate the same conditions on return to the cottage to see if the same fault comes up. Trying to get LRA/AA out on Easter weekend................. Could be a long wait!

RE: Transmission Fault - eastrnma - 27-03-2016 01:05pm

Has similar transmission faults. Wiring fault caused intermittent communications with Rear Differential Control Module, and eventual failure of the Rear Differential. Out of warranty... ouch. After much bumbling by the dealer technicians, an independent mechanic was able to successfully diagnose the problem.

RE: Transmission Fault - Steve D - 27-03-2016 03:11pm

(27-03-2016 09:42am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Might be worth taking the car out for a run and trying to recreate the same conditions on return to the cottage to see if the same fault comes up. Trying to get LRA/AA out on Easter weekend................. Could be a long wait!
Wife banned me from calling LRA out as last time they tried to fix an electrical problem they made it worse and it was away for 5 days. We've gotta get home in it next Friday. Been okay since so I'll let sleeping dogs lie and probably put it on my own scanner when I get home.