babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Winter she be a comin' (at least in the northern hemishere!) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Winter she be a comin' (at least in the northern hemishere!) (/Thread-Winter-she-be-a-comin-at-least-in-the-northern-hemishere)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Winter she be a comin' (at least in the northern hemishere!) - PhilSkill - 19-01-2016 01:52pm

Ah yes the old Auto Wipers on... remembered mine this morning!

This was mentioned on the other forum, don't know if any better than Silicon Spray, but maybe better for the environment... if not your pocket.

gummi-pflege

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Einszett-Gummi-Pflege-Rubber-Stick/dp/B007TNOQDI

RE: Winter she be a comin' (at least in the northern hemishere!) - XFullFatTim - 19-01-2016 08:59pm

The guys on RRSport say don't ever use that gummi-pflege stuff as they have found it can cause the rubber to perish. Pledge household spray furniture polish will add enough silicone to stop the rubbers freezing to the body but don't put it on the front screen! Spray Pledge onto a cloth first too or you get over spray on the car roof.......

RE: Winter she be a comin' (at least in the northern hemishere!) - Pete - 20-01-2016 10:03am

I just used some WD-40 silicone spray and that seems to work great for me. Found out that my wipe blade wasn't split in the end, must have been a twig I saw flapping around before (phew). -7C this morning was a bit crisp, a couple of water pipes in the country lanes around me have burst, so a bit of tip-toe was called for. Was missing my old heated steering wheel from my old RR this morning, that and the pre-heater.

RE: Winter she be a comin' (at least in the northern hemishere!) - XFullFatTim - 20-01-2016 11:20am

The heated steering wheel is a godsend on cold mornings, I never had much luck with the cabin preheater that was fitted to my last L322 RR, it never seemed to warm the car up very much, I found the PTC heater in the Evoque to be much better for warming the cabin along with the heated seats and the steering wheel.

RE: Winter she be a comin' (at least in the northern hemishere!) - Pete - 20-01-2016 11:35am

the pre-heater used to work pretty well on my L322 (although it was a late 2012 model, it's possible it was a later revision than yours). On a cold morning like today, it would give me a fairly warm cabin and defrost the majority of the front windows). I have to say that the Evoque heats the interior quite a bit quicker than the RR did, I expect because there's a lot less interior to heat...!

The cooler was nice on a hot day as well. Damn, now I'm getting all sentimental, I loved that big grey hippo of a car.

RE: Winter she be a comin' (at least in the northern hemishere!) - XFullFatTim - 20-01-2016 07:53pm

My last L322 was a 2010MY TDV8 3.6 Vogue, lovely motor but after the TDv8 RRS Sport I had before it the FFRR had no brakes after being used to big Brembos all round! The Evoque heater doesn't use residual engine heat as the engine block is thermally very efficient and takes ages to heat up so LR fitted an electric heater system, Positive Temperature Coeffficient system, a modern developement of the old radiant bar convection heaters!