babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
My first couple of hundred miles. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: My first couple of hundred miles. (/Thread-My-first-couple-of-hundred-miles)

Pages: 1 2

My first couple of hundred miles. - Steve D - 24-10-2015 05:37pm

Well, our Evoque was delivered to us yesterday morning as promised by the dealer. Small matter of the spare wheel missing to be resolved but as we were going away last night for a weeks break and with the wife working till 6.30 it was left to me to do the packing and get stuff ready for the trip as we were going straight from her workplace so I had no real time to play with it - just a couple of quick local errands to run in it.

We are currently in the Peak District so it was a 170 mile dash last night as our first trip. I found the car to be excellent on the motorway - the 190 SD4 engine having a noticeable power improvement over our previous car, a Freelander 2 HSE with the 160 TD4 engine. The gearbox somehow feels smoother too. Handling is much firmer round the lanes than the FL2 was but then it is on 20" wheels with low profile tyres. I found the ride firm but not harsh. My wife liked watching TV while I listened to the radio and watched the satnav on the dual view screen. The satnav is a marked improvement over the one that was fitted in the FL2 and got us right to the door of our rented cottage in a fairly remote village - the last 10 miles down skinny, unlit mostly single-track lanes - the bi-xenon headlamps give a good clear view of the road. I've not had a chance to read the owners manual yet to find out what it can do but today I was messing about with the voice control and managed to call myself (wife's phone is connected in the car). Oh, and I went through a ford earlier today but alas, it was only about 6" deep! So far with fast motorway driving I've averaged 34.6 mpg. Got plenty of places to go up here this week so hopefully I'll be fully conversant with all the gadgets once I've RTFM! Things that I am missing compared to the FL2 is the opening sunroof and arm rests. Very pleased so far. I like the puddle lights that show the outline of the Evoque when opening the car in the dark and the light-up sills although my wife thinks they are naff but what do wimmin know? Very Happy

RE: My first couple of hundred miles. - Lurcher - 25-10-2015 10:09am

Good to see you are enjoying the car , we have covered 200 miles since we picked ours up although they have been mainly short local trips .
Its certainly quieter and a bit smoother drive than our FL2 and we are enjoying our 1st Auto , still not managed how to input a post code in the sat nav though , the letters are still greyed out . Thought it was me being and old user and new tech but son had a look this morning and he's stumpted as well .

RE: My first couple of hundred miles. - Vanguard - 25-10-2015 12:22pm

Have you tried inputting the postcode without any space between the first part and second bit?

RE: My first couple of hundred miles. - Lurcher - 25-10-2015 01:00pm

Need to input a letter 1st but it wont allow me to do that as all the letters of the alphabet are greyed out and not live like the numbers are .

RE: My first couple of hundred miles. - Steve D - 25-10-2015 04:53pm

You have got it set on 'postcode' haven't you? We went for a drive today and I set the satnav destination to 'co-ordinates'. That has only numbers showing.

RE: My first couple of hundred miles. - Lurcher - 25-10-2015 05:16pm

Def on postcode but only allows number input .

RE: My first couple of hundred miles. - Lurcher - 25-10-2015 06:51pm

Sorted it Steve , the Sat Nav wasn't set for UK page 173 of the manual , altered to that and its fine Thumbs Up

RE: My first couple of hundred miles. - XFullFatTim - 25-10-2015 07:25pm

If the battery has been disconnected for any reason then the satnav will default to Belgium until you set it back to your home country. Also the database is clever enough not to need the space put in, it will do it itself for UK postcodes unless it is somewhere not in the database

RE: My first couple of hundred miles. - Lurcher - 25-10-2015 07:43pm

Yes it was set for Belgium .

RE: My first couple of hundred miles. - Lurcher - 29-10-2015 05:59pm

Well we have had the Evoque 2 weeks and done about 300 mls , mainly short journeys and the auto box is a pleasure to use , had the last FL2 18months and not a scratch on it when we traded .
Got back home today after 3 seperate trips and wife noticed scrape down the passenger side (low down) , looks like bumper mark , not had a close look as was getting dark and wet so will have a look see tomorrow .
At a guess I would say it was at Aldi when we went to buy a Dyson cordless to use on the car Laughing