babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Eclipse - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: Eclipse (/Thread-Eclipse)

Eclipse - XFullFatTim - 20-03-2015 10:53am

So did you see it from where you are in the UK? Here in central Scotland we were able to view from start to just after maximum partiality (the sun became a thin smile!) and then a bit after before the cloud obscured it too much. I gathered most of my elderly neighbours aorund our courtyard and we had the deck chairs out and hot teas and coffees on tap and they used my sextant to view it through the special shades. Very very difficult to take photos though - the light sensors in modern digital camers don't light direct sunlight and when I tried taking shots through the sextant shades the camera focused on the shade holder rather than the sun.

RE: Eclipse - RacingSnake - 20-03-2015 01:04pm

You were lucky, we had 20/20 cloud coverage, couldn't even see any movement, any shapes and not a huge amount of 'dimming' daylight Sad
Very disappointed really I was all geared up for it.

On the photography forum I sit on there are some cracking images coming through - and the video footage of the Faroe Islands dropping into pitch black was pretty spectacular too!!

There is a 100% eclipse next March in Sumatra, and myself and wife were talking about an asia holiday, so might just time it with that and give it another go!

RE: Eclipse - XFullFatTim - 20-03-2015 01:38pm

It became twilight here and became noticably cooler too, I'm at 56N so we got a 95% partial ecilpse here

RE: Eclipse - Kojak - 20-03-2015 06:39pm

(20-03-2015 01:38pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It became twilight here and became noticably cooler too, I'm at 56N so we got a 95% partial ecilpse here

It was very cloudy right down here by the Isle of Wight.

I saw nothing that even hinted towards anything unordinary happening in the sky.
I even set up time lapse on my iPhone for a 10 minute duration and when I played it back you didn't even notice the sky darken slightly.

I don't think it happened......
Conspiracy. Laughing

RE: Eclipse - PhilSkill - 20-03-2015 07:37pm

It was cloudy, but we had a lucky break allowing us to see it, only 85% coverage, and didn't get that dim, just like a rainy morning.

I was in Cornwall 16 years ago for the full eclipse, and had exactly the same conditions just managed to see totality! The light change was very dramatic affecting Birds and Animals, you could see the shadow roll in!

RE: Eclipse - MrNoo - 20-03-2015 08:05pm

I was in Conwy, North Wales this morning and fortunately there was very little cloud at the time of the (90%) eclipse. It became a little darker and noticeably cooler too. I even had some of the special protective glasses to view it through.

RE: Eclipse - Evo-king - 20-03-2015 11:37pm

It was not very good down here, a rain cloud blocking out the sun has more effect.

Had to resort to watching the TV images.