babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... (/Thread-Not-an-Evoque-or-a-Defender)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... - doug - 28-03-2015 10:10pm

What a lovely looking RRS. I'm so jealous
Safe journey home Tim.

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... - XFullFatTim - 28-03-2015 10:50pm

Evoques look good in Corris too, especially with the contrast roof and Black Pack.

The dash and centre console finishers on the car are nice too - a very dark grey version of the speckled aluminium I had on the Evoque - it looks much nicer with the all black interior than the Evoque's bright one did (I never liked the Gloss Black finisher of Evqoue, looked too much like plastic to me)

[Image: image~4.jpg]

[Image: image~3.jpg]

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... - doug - 28-03-2015 11:01pm

What's happened to the hand shake gear sector. LL marketing must have shown that the buying public perfered the handle type.

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... - XFullFatTim - 28-03-2015 11:10pm

No, there was a user survey of the old style RRS just after Evoque and D4 came out and owners said they didn't like the rotary one in a sporty car so LR listened. TBH to go from P to D now requires:
Foot on foot brake, Start Engine, press the hidden detent at the back of the shifter, move the shifter to R, press the detent again and shift into N, press detent again and move into D. For manual sequential shifts you snick the lever to the left and and push forward and back to move up and down the gears or use the paddles (which is much easier!). On the LRE this morning at Luton Hoo the instructor also said that there were reports of people not shifting fully from D to R and sticking in N but I never had that problem - now I'm used to it, the rotary shifter is great, it is going to take a fair bit of explaining to my brother how to get the car into D! The EPB can also be applied two ways! There is the familiar style lever on the console and there is also a button at the top of the shifter you can press. Will get some photos to show you.

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... - Nowaytk - 29-03-2015 07:25am

(28-03-2015 11:10pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  TBH to go from P to D now requires:
Foot on foot brake, Start Engine, press the hidden detent at the back of the shifter, move the shifter to R, press the detent again and shift into N, press detent again and move into D. For manual sequential shifts you snick the lever to the left and and push forward and back to move up and down the gears or use the paddles (which is much easier!). On the LRE this morning at Luton Hoo the instructor also said that there were reports of people not shifting fully from D to R and sticking in N but I never had that problem
When I go from P to D, I just press the switch on the shifter and pull back to D, no need to go to R, N then D. Am I doing something wrong or have I just misunderstood your post ? ( don't think I've actually put it into N yet )

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... - Briany22 - 29-03-2015 08:57am

Fabulous car like the idea of choosing the height etc and 38 mpg is amazing not a dark interior fan but it does suit the grey. Well I will just have to keep dreaming, will be on the M6 around Carlisle this afternoon so will keep my eyes open

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... - Chrisr1806 - 29-03-2015 12:00pm

(29-03-2015 07:25am)Nowaytk Wrote:  When I go from P to D, I just press the switch on the shifter and pull back to D, no need to go to R, N then D. Am I doing something wrong or have I just misunderstood your post ? ( don't think I've actually put it into N yet )

That's what I do, I skip straight past R and N. Confused

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... - Simplesimon - 29-03-2015 12:01pm

Bloody gorgeous Tim!

Please keep it in good nick for me!!Wink

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... - Tony - 29-03-2015 02:52pm

(28-03-2015 06:18pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Here it is

[Image: image~2.jpg]

[Image: image~0.jpg]

I've recycled my old RRS private plate too, even though it isn't an SVR and there are faster RRS models out there
[Image: image.jpg]

So far I have driven it from Barnet round the North Circular and through the back streets of Wembley and the MPG is amazing - auto trip is showing 38mpg............. stop/start in use but on a Saturday afternoon bewteen 3 and 4 pm in London................. lets hope it stays like that!
Ride on 22" wheels/ tryes on London's broken tarmac - as good as the Evoque on 20's, possibly better! And it is SO quiet compared to the Evoque. Already missing the Road Sign Recognition though, especially around London streets with so many speed cameras and with the car being so quiet it is very easy to find you are doing 35 in a 30 limit...... Tomorrow I start the hike north - should be very comfortable as the seats in the HSE are very comfortable even after the luxury of the Plus Pack Recaros of my Evoque, it is also good to be sitting so much higher too, lord of all I survey!

Congrats, looks very nice. We have only had a short drive in a RRS2 but the two things that are of note are the fantastic driving position, best of any LR product and as you note the quietness in the cabin, exactly what a RR should be. We find the Evoque on all but the smoothest roads to be the noisest car we have owned with regards to road noise transmitted into the cabin.

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender.................... - J77 - 29-03-2015 03:35pm

Looks good. Thumbs Up

Don't you have a woman's voice, tell you the speed limit when you creep over, perhaps a new feature on the DS and not rolled out yet on the rest of the range.