babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) (/Thread-2-Wheel-drive-only-Traction-reduced-Gearbox-breakdown-afterwards)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - JavierBayArea - 09-12-2014 10:37pm

I really don't have your same issue, it just appeared once and then never again.

My issue is now a broken gearbox. I don't know if it's related, probably not.

Anyway, the dealership says they will keep the car longer (no estimate), because the software fix they applied really didn't fix anything. So they have to hear back from LR.

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - JavierBayArea - 10-12-2014 10:49pm

Update: They will replace the same control module you guys were talking about. And there's no solution to the broken reverse gear, other than turn the car off and wait for a minute.

I hope it was just a software glitch and won't happen again.

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - foxlangserv - 10-12-2014 11:41pm

Thanks for the update. They have had mine since Monday and still no word on when they expect it to be fixed. As far as I'm concerned they can keep it for as long as they want, as the clock is ticking towards replacment under my state's lemon law.

2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - foxlangserv - 12-12-2014 12:29pm

Update. Dealer called to say they are replacing the entire rear differential. They will have the car another week. By the time I get it back, dealer will have had the vehicle longer than I have since I bought it. Very disappointed with the whole experienceSad

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - WD40 - 08-02-2019 03:15pm

Hi all

First time on here

I’ve had the same flash up

Ok and safe to drive would you say? Planning to drive to Wales this evening. 3 hrs or so

Cheers

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - XFullFatTim - 09-02-2019 04:27pm

WD40, welcome to the forum, could you elaborate with some details of your car -it helps to know model year and if manual or auto gearbox, 6 or 9 speed auto. I hope you get fixed OK. If the car is less than three years old then call out Land Rover Assist to help/advise.