babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Infotainment Issue - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Infotainment Issue (/Thread-Infotainment-Issue--8850)

Infotainment Issue - Crustydaemon - 20-11-2014 07:06pm

I have 2013 Evoque (Pure Premium), and I encounter the following whenever I use the Infotainment system

1. If Audio is ON and when I change to Reverse gear (vehicle not moving), the volume control button is inoperable (I cannot increase/decrease the volume nor I can turn-off the audio – basically the button does not function when the car is in ‘R’ gear Position)

2. Park aid & sensors does beep when I am trying to park, but the vehicle picture does not pop up on the screen when the vehicle is close to an obstacle

3. Satellite Radio
When I Turn-off the Audio in the Satellite Radio mode, I still hear a faint volume from the speakers. Although this does not happen frequently, it does when I use Sat-Radio for more than 1 hour or so

If anyone has 2012/2013, can you verify if your car does the same? the dealer says they could not find any fault codes & could not verify.

RE: Infotainment Issue - Amadeus - 22-11-2014 11:19pm

Re 1. Yes, assume the sensors have priority (to ensure you concentrate on reversing rather than trying to adjust audio!?). My audio levels reduce as I back out of my garage, then come up again automatically when I'm out even if still reversing.
As for other points I don't have them so can't comment.

RE: Infotainment Issue - XFullFatTim - 23-11-2014 09:44am

When reverse is engaged and you have the rear parking sensors then the audio volume adjusts the loudness of the warning peeps - same when you get a direction from the lady in the dash for the satnav - when she is commanding you you can only adjust her volume.

When you engage reverse doesn't your reversing cam show you amber bars then red bars as you get close to an object, along with increasingly rapid peeps from the audible warning? My reversing screen shows firstly one solid line each side of the car on each side and also a pecked line, both bend to show the predicted line the car will take when you turn the steering wheel. When I get within 1m/3 ft of an object behind the car I get first amber blocks appearing followed by red blocks just before there is a loud bang and the tailgate is broken!

Satellite Radio is only available in the USA as far as I know, so only American members or members with USA spec cars will be able to help with that one.

RE: Infotainment Issue - Amadeus - 23-11-2014 07:18pm

Try to put those Fuji memories behind you Tim - err, no pun intended!

RE: Infotainment Issue - Crustydaemon - 25-11-2014 09:53pm

Even my car(2013) does exactly the same you guys are describing (when I am trying to reverse). But my question was

Try this - Audio is "ON" and gear in 'R' position, DO NOT move the vehicle, keep your foot on the brake. Then try to operate the audio button (try to turn-off the audio or Increase or decrease the volume).
I did try this in 2014/2015 models and you can operate the Audio button when the Gear is in 'R' position (vehicle is not moving).

RE: Infotainment Issue - XFullFatTim - 26-11-2014 10:23am

Maybe LR fixed a glitch that nobody else noticed or complained about in model years prior to 2014/2015 then!

RE: Infotainment Issue - scrannel - 26-11-2014 09:21pm

USA car, 2013: when I put car in reverse and the rear camera comes on, radio (etc.) sound drops (even sound of blinkers goes off) and while (even whilst) in reverse volume button is unusable. What I see as strange with your car is that apparently your radio volume doesn't automatically mute.