babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
DAB cuts out when front and rear windscreen heaters go on - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: DAB cuts out when front and rear windscreen heaters go on (/Thread-DAB-cuts-out-when-front-and-rear-windscreen-heaters-go-on)

DAB cuts out when front and rear windscreen heaters go on - toshers - 27-10-2014 11:27pm

hi all...does anyones DAB receive no reception when the front or rear or both windscreen heaters go on?
mine does....i have an MY2015 Si4 evoque...booked it in to be looked at...by lookers...

RE: DAB cuts out when front and rear windscreen heaters go on - PhilSkill - 28-10-2014 10:06am

Hi toshers, No that's not normal, my DAB is rock solid, there have been others with DAB reception issues generally, so certainly needs looking at.

RE: DAB cuts out when front and rear windscreen heaters go on - XFullFatTim - 28-10-2014 05:56pm

It isn't a problem reported recently and certainly not with 2015MY cars. Do you also have the TV tuner? There was a problem last year when the Digital TV and DAB transmitters got recoded and that caused havoc for car makers as not only Land Rover, but other makers also had 1000's of customers complaining that DAB kept cutting out and they had to revert to FM. My 2014MY has not had any DAB issues, in fact while it was good in my last Evoque compared to the FFRR that came before it, now I carry DAB virually the length of the UK - there is only one short section over Beattock Summit where it disappears now whereas I had about 50 miles of M74 with no FM or DAB previously.