babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? (/Thread-Can-the-Drinks-holders-in-centre-be-removed-to-clean)

Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? - Gjh0702 - 19-10-2014 11:27am

Ideally could do with removing Rubber holders so I can clean ( slippage)
Don't want to pull too much in case I damage- are they designed to be removed? if so how?
Many thanks

RE: Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? - Stadt Panzer - 19-10-2014 03:05pm

Just pull them up, they do come out, no probs.

RE: Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? - bangsters - 20-10-2014 05:35am

(19-10-2014 03:05pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Just pull them up, they do come out, no probs.

uhmm I'm also curious about this. Can you post pics of your holder removed? I tried removing mine and it appears to be glued down. I can't remove the holder unless I try to force it out.

RE: Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? - Barton Evoque - 20-10-2014 07:47am

Never been able to get mine out.

Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? - Stadt Panzer - 20-10-2014 12:07pm

I'll have a go tonight and post a pic Smile

RE: Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? - XFullFatTim - 20-10-2014 01:09pm

I've just been out to try mine and it is extremely well stuck down inside the mounting with what may be double sided sticky tape of industrial strength. You may need the wife/ girl friend's hair dryer to warm up the pads and to soften the adhesive.

I'm sure that on my last car they were removable - maybe this is a rattle mitigation
feature now with them being stuck in place.

RE: Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? - ChuckieB - 21-10-2014 12:05am

2012 firmly stuck. You can get the rubber base of the other cubby out without difficulty. Got mine stuck on nozzle the vacuum cleaner.

RE: Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? - Donny Dog - 21-10-2014 09:38am

(21-10-2014 12:05am)ChuckieB Wrote:  2012 firmly stuck. You can get the rubber base of the other cubby out without difficulty. Got mine stuck on nozzle the vacuum cleaner.

March 2012 car - comes out easily, no sign of any glue.

RE: Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? - HotLap - 26-05-2015 11:33pm

Funny I had this question as well, pulled about a hard as I dared and not wanting to come out...every other vehicle I've owned they came out for cleaning purposes....

RE: Can the Drinks holders in centre be removed to clean? - PhilSkill - 27-05-2015 10:04pm

2011 Stuck Firm at the base Too