babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The stork has landed....... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: The stork has landed....... (/Thread-The-stork-has-landed)

The stork has landed....... - XFullFatTim - 27-08-2011 10:01pm

Last week my car rolled off the production line and I now have a VIN Cool

RE: The stork has landed....... - Ezandania - 28-08-2011 07:37am

Congrats mate!

RE: The stork has landed....... - PAT - 28-08-2011 12:46pm

Not long now. Congrats!

RE: The stork has landed....... - owhere2005 - 28-08-2011 12:53pm

Congratulations. So, does this mean that you won't see a VIN until your Evoque is built, or is the VIN info just held back until then?

I'm asking because I'm seeing LR dealers in the US showing Evoques with VINs, with the dealer claiming they're in transit. I'm trying to grab one of the first ones for a project I'm working on. Wink

RE: The stork has landed....... - XFullFatTim - 28-08-2011 02:08pm

Well the factory has been building cars since July apparently and customers' cars since mid-August. Going by the number of LHD spots that have been appearing in the Spotted section a lot of them must be going for export so it's quite possible that US dealers have access to VIN's of cars in transit

RE: The stork has landed....... - J77 - 28-08-2011 03:26pm

Mr. Green

RE: The stork has landed....... - Lookers Park Royal - 01-09-2011 09:44pm

VIN's are only visible to the dealer network once the vehicle has been built. Getting a VIN is the best way of confirming that your car is built. It can take 10-15 days before the vehicle can be sent out to the dealer as the car needs to be transferred from LR Global (factory) to the destination market (LRUK) for most of us, at which point the VIN and type approval info goes onto AFRL (DVLA's automated first registration & licensing), then the car can be 'called' to the dealership.

James Smile

RE: The stork has landed....... - XFullFatTim - 01-09-2011 10:06pm

has it landed in the LPR compound yet James?