babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
"The Car In Front" - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: "The Car In Front" (/Thread-The-Car-In-Front)

Pages: 1 2

"The Car In Front" - XFullFatTim - 15-10-2014 08:49am

Remember the old Toyota ad, the one about the car in front? Well keep well clear of it and leave it as the car in front as Toyota has just announced a recall of another 1.6million Toyotas and Lexus's (near every Lexus made BTW) for a brake master cylinder fault.................. This is the 3rd or 4th worldwide recall of cars that Toyota / Lexus has made this year.

"The Car In Front" - Barneyridge - 15-10-2014 10:05am

It is unbelievable how many recalls across all makes there has been this year. I don't think any make as been immune. Toyota's reputation has certainly taken a hit

RE: "The Car In Front" - XFullFatTim - 15-10-2014 11:04am

The Lexus recall is for "faulty fuel supply line pipes" according to the BBC news at 10am. So Toyotas have duff brake master cylinders and Lexus's might explode in front of you!

The reason given for such vast numbers of Toyotas and Lexus's being recalled this year is "Because our cars share so many common components" according to the Toyota spokesman.

"The Car In Front" - Barneyridge - 15-10-2014 11:46am

Here is a link to the Australian version in news regarding Lexus

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/lexus-australia-recalls-10000-cars-in-global-recall-of-175-million/story-fnda1bsz-1227091711731

RE: "The Car In Front" - Sarcastrix - 15-10-2014 01:14pm

The actual scary thing is that this is almost certainly not because Lexus and Toyota have more faults than other cars. It's because they're quality control standards are so much higher (and are progressively improved hence recall of older cars). Makes you wonder what other manufacturers are either missing or hiding.

I never heard anything from LRCS when my car required the diesel fuel line recall, it only got done because I told them to check it at the last service (12 months after the recall notice went out).

RE: "The Car In Front" - mighTTy-RRE - 16-10-2014 07:23pm

Having worked for Toyota, their QC has certainly slipped in recent years. For instance in 2005 they opened a factory building Hilux in South Africa, the result poor quality and massive warranty work. At top level Toyota's goal has been to be the no 1 builder of cars - quantity at the cost of quality.

RE: "The Car In Front" - J77 - 16-10-2014 08:52pm

Toyota has dropped the ball, never the most stylish of cars but bomb proof, now they have tried to make their cars "trendy" the QC has suffered badly.

RE: "The Car In Front" - The Valeter - 16-10-2014 10:06pm

I wasn't aware that a Toyota was trendy, they are as dull as dish water, even the odd BMW is a bit more trendy than a Toyota, though can't think which one lol.

RE: "The Car In Front" - J77 - 16-10-2014 10:17pm

Toyota have been trying but failing to appeal to a younger market, look at the new aygo and the horrid new Yaris.

[attachment=4122]

RE: "The Car In Front" - XFullFatTim - 16-10-2014 11:07pm

I saw on Watchdog tonight that Mercedes as had to recall every one of the latest C Class's that has been built up to end of September this year for a steering fault...................