babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour (/Thread-The-buggers-have-gone-and-painted-it-the-wrong-colour)

Pages: 1 2 3

The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour - iwf - 11-10-2014 02:56pm

So having finally got the delivery date and VIN number I find out it's the wrong colour!

The wife and changed our mind around a month before the build date, when I added a couple of extra items. All was well we were assured, only when I checked the VIN number on TopiX the spec states the orginal colour.

Having emailed the dealer I'm still awaiting an explanation.

Any views on my options?

RE: The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour - Stadt Panzer - 11-10-2014 04:21pm

Simple, refuse tell the dealer that you no longer want the car as they have messed up and get them to order you a new one in the correct colour.

RE: The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour - iwf - 11-10-2014 08:33pm

Agreed, but I don't want to wait 2 1/2 months for another car.

Might think about giving up on the Evoque altogether.

The dealer rang this afternoon, but only to discuss options, which were, 1 take the car, or 2 he'd 'speak to his management'

I told him to go speak with his management !

The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour - Stadt Panzer - 11-10-2014 08:57pm

For me there are two options:

1) Take the car.
2) Reject the car.

Dealer shouldn't even be saying that he'll talk to his management! That's taking the piss.

What colour did you order and which one is coming?

RE: The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour - iwf - 12-10-2014 07:53am

When we orginally ordered we were undecided on colour so just selected Indus Silver, though in truth I didn't check the paperwork very carefully.

A month before build we added a couple of items and selected Corris Grey. I think what happened was because the extras were dealer fitted items they missed the change in colour.

Let's see what happens next, and just how quickly they can build a car if they really need to

RE: The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour - XFullFatTim - 12-10-2014 08:49am

I would suggest that you also get in contact with Land Rover Customer Services by phone (Pete is away on holiday but I'm sure that someone will at least be looking at his in box), tell them you are a member here and know our contact is on holiday and tell them your problem. You will need to give them your forum nickname and real name and the name of your dealership (not the saleman!). If you have it they will find your order number useful. I changed both the colour and spec of mine and had no issues. Sounds like the salesman or person who processes the orders at the dealership needs a wake-up call.

RE: The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour - The Valeter - 12-10-2014 02:03pm

So if you decide to abandon the Evoque & go to another make then unless they have a car to your spec in order I doubt the wait will be much if any less than the 2 1/2 Months from your present dealer.

Very annoying position they have put you in though.

RE: The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour - Sarcastrix - 12-10-2014 07:02pm

(11-10-2014 08:33pm)iwf Wrote:  Agreed, but I don't want to wait 2 1/2 months for another car.

Find another dealer who has earlier delivery order slots Smile

RE: The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour - XFullFatTim - 12-10-2014 07:37pm

Try contacting our forum sponsor and ask what they can do, they are one of the biggest LR dealerships in the UK

RE: The :censored: have gone and painted it the wrong colour - xxxx5 - 12-10-2014 09:02pm

Another fine mess by a incompetent landrover dealer. Why don't they learn? How many times has this happens now to forum members, it's beyond believe.