babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Top Gear abandons shoot in Argentina due to stoning. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: Top Gear abandons shoot in Argentina due to stoning. (/Thread-Top-Gear-abandons-shoot-in-Argentina-due-to-stoning)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Top Gear abandons shoot in Argentina due to stoning. - Sarcastrix - 06-10-2014 11:43am

I think it's such a massive non story, it's laughable. Only a retard could thinks it's any more than a PR stunt.

Lets be honest, the Argentinians would have said the plates were an insult whatever they had on them. They are looking for something to be offended over so they can have a pop at the Brits, nothing else.

I almost pissed myself when the numbers were likened to the numbers of dead soldiers, despite being completely different numbers.

It's a PR stunt, simple as! Who do you think tipped the locals off about the 'FKL plates' & numbers and rented the 'stone throwing mob' whilst the big oaf was 'hiding under his hotel bed'.

RE: Top Gear abandons shoot in Argentina due to stoning. - XFullFatTim - 06-10-2014 12:52pm

Apparrently H982 FKL is being read as 1982 Falkland, the Argies need to go to Specsavers...........
I've just run the number plate through the MOT and VED Checker on the UK Goverment website and the Porsche is taxed and MOT'd according to that, and the plate is registered to a 4980cc engined Porsche

RE: Top Gear abandons shoot in Argentina due to stoning. - Amadeus - 27-10-2014 06:41pm

Have they learnt any lessons re number plating maybe? LOL

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/top-gear-busted-in-the-top-end-20141023-11ara9.html?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=outbrain_amplify

RE: Top Gear abandons shoot in Argentina due to stoning. - Barneyridge - 28-10-2014 05:29am

The Nissan apparently did not make it to the acceleration run on the airstrip, it broke down as stated in another article