babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Intro from San Diego, Ca. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Intro from San Diego, Ca. (/Thread-Intro-from-San-Diego-Ca)

Intro from San Diego, Ca. - DVFlyer - 10-09-2014 02:05am

Spent a few years trying to decide which 4-door car to replace our 2-door Civic. Looked at different types of vehicles from sedans like the Fusion to sports sedans like the Audi S4 and through the smallish SUV/CUV market. Kept coming back to the Evoque. It checked all the boxes I wanted. Sporty "cool" looking vehicle. 4-doors and not your run of the mill vanilla Camry, Altima etc (nothing wrong with them, I just wanted something "different").

Finally settled on an Evoque and started searching. Knew I wanted Zanzibar but it was hard finding one locally with the options I wanted. Ended up doing a dealer trade with an added bonus that this particular dealer powder coated the wheels and put on the sport pedals (something I planned on doing).

Off to a rough start- had to replace the transmission at 200 miles. But *knock on wood* everything is great now. Really enjoy the car. Transmission will take a little bit to get used to as it's always doing something but I'm warming up to it.

It's a 2014 Pure Premium. Zanzibar with black interior and black roof. Just got it back from the detailer who put CQuartz on it along with a clear bra on the front bumper, hood, fenders, head lights and fog lights.

[Image: e6ac0674-e6f5-42cf-b462-2853f921d25f_zpsfe9d4aac.jpg]

Intro from San Diego, Ca. - Stadt Panzer - 10-09-2014 05:31am

Nice color Wink

RE: Intro from San Diego, Ca. - XFullFatTim - 10-09-2014 07:53am

Another member of Club Zanzibar with contrast roof and black pack styling! A man of taste. Have you fitted lower profile rubber?

Intro from San Diego, Ca. - Stadt Panzer - 10-09-2014 12:23pm

Tim, no black pack Wink. But the right color Smile

RE: Intro from San Diego, Ca. - XFullFatTim - 10-09-2014 01:07pm

Still looks good with black wheels and I like the chrome strip below the doors

Intro from San Diego, Ca. - Stadt Panzer - 10-09-2014 01:50pm

Wink

RE: Intro from San Diego, Ca. - DVFlyer - 10-09-2014 02:29pm

Thanks all. Stock tires. Shame they discontinued this color. Really feel it fits the vehicle well.

RE: Intro from San Diego, Ca. - XFullFatTim - 10-09-2014 05:02pm

Mine with its garage mate
[Image: C0054B45-BE23-4F4B-B909-7ECE6B8A081D_zpsrohnxhse.jpg]

The inside is nearly as eyecatching as the outside too - this us the Plus Pack interior in Tan
[Image: EDB11E93-61C0-4BDC-80D3-98353C6D6F2C_zpsjiswlrno.jpg]

RE: Intro from San Diego, Ca. - HeartbreakRidge - 10-09-2014 06:34pm

I wish I could have gotten the sport seats in two tone leather, but alas, that was a financial bridge too far.

Welcome aboard!

Intro from San Diego, Ca. - AAA86 - 18-09-2014 11:04am

Ohh man! Those seats look sick! North America sucks! We dont get any of the goodies the rest of the world gets Sad like diesel, n those lovely seats, even on the top specced evoque!